Why to follow religions ?

Milano

Honorary Master
That's one way of looking at it. Of course, if you take the old British Empire as an example, it only seemed to start flourishing once the church had been relegated to a side-show, and political systems took over.
Unfortunately the systems, the history, the populace, the traditions. All still too heavily influenced by religion to offer the necessary huge contrast required for significant comparison.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Unfortunately the systems, the history, the populace, the traditions. All still too heavily influenced by religion to offer the necessary huge contrast required for significant comparison.
Nope. Only once the yoke of religion was cast off did these systems start to thrive.

JimmyRott

Expert Member
Why do we need to follow a religion, a book, someone to believe in something ? Why can we not have enough confidence in following our own ideas, beliefs and natural instincts instead of all these religions that was created by men like us at the end of the day.
Because you will go to hell if you don't...

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I think I have one belief we can all get behind:

Dont do to others that you dont want done to yourself.

No sugar daddy or imaginary friends needed
That is the rule of three, basically

The Rule of Three (also Three-fold Law or Law of Return) is a religious tenet held by some Wiccans/Pagans and occultists. It states that whatever energy a person puts out into the world, be it positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times.

Moto Guzzi

Why do we need to follow a religion, a book, someone to believe in something ? Why can we not have enough confidence in following our own ideas, beliefs and natural instincts instead of all these religions that was created by men like us at the end of the day.
Its something abstract about the human brain animals does not have, it also opens a gap where humans can control other humans, why does some humans has this huge urge to control others-?

Hellhound105

Expert Member
That is the rule of three, basically

The Rule of Three (also Three-fold Law or Law of Return) is a religious tenet held by some Wiccans/Pagans and occultists. It states that whatever energy a person puts out into the world, be it positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times.
Fair enough but sounds too complicated.

I`m just simple. I wont kill you, you dont kill me
I dont steal from you, you dont steal from me