Why voting for Ramaphosa is about reality – not ideology (OPINION - Melanie Verwoerd)

thestaggy

Honorary Master
''Voting for Ramaphosa and the other warning signs that you may have suffered a brain injury''

surface

Honorary Master
''Voting for Ramaphosa and the other warning signs that you may have suffered a brain injury''
Is the opposite true as well? Not voting for Ramaphosa indicates high level of intellect and/or skills?

Eniigma

Expert Member
https://www.news24.com/Columnists/GuestColumn/beware-the-well-meaning-zealot-20181129

The reality is that a vote for Cyril Ramaphosa is a vote for the ANC, which is a vote for more corruption and incompetence. If voters reward poor performance with re-election, they should expect continued poor performance, writes Geordin Hill-Lewis.

A DA Libtard mansplaining Melanie Verwoerd. How great!

Oh ffs, speaking the truth is now mansplaining and something to be avoiding and has a negative connotation? Enjoy another 5 years of the ANC corruption, incompetence and thievery.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Oh ffs, speaking the truth is now mansplaining and something to be avoiding and has a negative connotation? Enjoy another 5 years of the ANC corruption, incompetence and thievery.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
She needed some "splaining"... Why is the sex of the person explaining the obvious flaw in her thought process relevant? Was her article a PMS rage and should we all just ignore it because she is a girl?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
No, they supported the corrupt ANC in NMB. We do not need more corruption in our country.
You must get used to such alliances in politics, EFF and DA, UDM and ANC, King Zwelithini and Afriforum, we are going to see more of that in future.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Talk to someone from CT who is living with the reality of DA rule and their expensive tariffs, water meters, development deals for buddies and take those blinkers off. Doesn't take much to find any number of citizens up in arms in CT about the DA and their shenanigans.

Eish we are being load shedded, CT not. Because they plan.

BBSA

Honorary Master
You must get used to such alliances in politics, EFF and DA, UDM and ANC, King Zwelithini and Afriforum, we are going to see more of that in future.

Sure, but it must be condemned if it is corrupt, and the main aim of the relationship is to enrich the comrades.

Solitude

Executive Member
I hope people just go out to vote. It does not matter for who. Go out and vote. All parties have their flaws, some greater than others... In my mind, you choose and side and you stick with it... Does not matter the bullsh!t. You defend the indefensible, condone what you would ordinary condemn when done by others... The party with the most votes wins etc etc ...

Wow.

How can you believe that? If a party is full of bullshit then you stop voting for them.

I used to vote for the DA but won't do so in the next elections because of how they handled certain matters. Anyone who vote for the ANC are basically saying they are completely happy with the R300 billion rand that was wasted in the last 5 years.

No. You definitely should not stand by a decision for life. You have a mind and should use it.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
This lady is getting too much for me.

She wants us all to vote for the ANC, just because there is no one else she can think of ruling South-Africa!

A vote for CR is also a vote for Dlamini, Magashule, Mabusa, Gigaba and even Zuma.

She wants us to keep on voting for a corrupt, incompetent, thieving and racist party, just because of CR!
Go figure!

Interestingly enough, we cannot vote for a President. Only the ruling parties executive can install a President.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
From Wiki

She would encourage voting for the ANC. She also has strong motivation to be very PC, if I read up on her.

Melanie married Wilhelm Verwoerd, the grandson of Hendrik Verwoerd, in 1987.

During the first democratic election in South Africa in 1994 Melanie was elected as a member of the National Assembly of South Africa for the ANC. At 27 she was the youngest woman ever to be elected. She was, again, re-elected in 1999. During her time in parliament she was part of the writing of the new constitution and served on various committees

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Wow.

How can you believe that? If a party is full of bullshit then you stop voting for them.

I used to vote for the DA but won't do so in the next elections because of how they handled certain matters. Anyone who vote for the ANC are basically saying they are completely happy with the R300 billion rand that was wasted in the last 5 years.

No. You definitely should not stand by a decision for life. You have a mind and should use it.

Nice words but we know how things work in real life, don't we? With that attitude you are quickly going to run out of parties to vote for. People voted for the NP not because it was perfect but because it was the best party they believed will stop the swart gevaar and in the process they got other things for their votes, some those who vote for the ANC believe that it is the only thing standing between them and the return to apartheid amongst others, in the process they got nice things like electricity, water, RDP houses and grants. People vote for Trump because there is something that they want from Trump and they believe he is the only one who can give them what they want, he will obviously do something that they don't like in the process of giving them what they want.

This notion of saying just because I vote for a certain party it then means I am 100% happy with what they are doing is a just not true and is over simplifying a complex issue that is not just black and white.

Last edited:

EADC

Executive Member
Nice words but we know how things work in real life, don't we? With that attitude you are quickly going to run out of parties to vote for. People voted for the NP not because it was perfect but because it was the best party they believed will stop the swart gevaar and in the process they got other things for their votes, some those who vote for the ANC believe that it is the only thing standing between them and the return to apartheid amongst others, in the process they got nice things like electricity, water, RDP houses and grants. People vote for Trump because there is something that they want from Trump and they believe he is the only one who can give them what they want, he will obviously do something that they don't like in the process of giving them what they want.

This notion of saying just because I vote for a certain party it then means i am 100% happy with what they are doing is a just not true and is over simplifying a complex issue that is not just balck and white.
Well we need to get to a point where people will realize none of those things will go away if you vote for someone else if you give another party a chance to govern maybe do a better job maybe do a worse job but we will never know.

Except the FF+ they will take all that **** away.