Why voting for Ramaphosa is about reality – not ideology (OPINION - Melanie Verwoerd)

truman19

Well we need to get to a point where people will realize none of those things will go away if you vote for someone else if you give another party a chance to govern maybe do a better job maybe do a worse job but we will never know.

Except the FF+ they will take all that **** away.

/looks at NBFTW and vrotappel

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Eish we are being load shedded, CT not. Because they plan.

Uh sunshine, not really no. Nothing to do with it. They have their own power generating facilities at Steenbras which helps a LITTLE but COCT still most definitely has loadshedding, just a slightly different schedule to ESKOM direct customers.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Interestingly enough, we cannot vote for a President. Only the ruling parties executive can install a President.

Or any other person in politics, which is my fundamental problem with the system we have. Our 'representatives' do not represent us, do not care about us, have absolutely zero motivation in even vaguely listening to the public because they are part of the party apparatchik (regardless of which party they belong to). There is no public representation, for the people, by the people.

Solitude

Executive Member
Nice words but we know how things work in real life, don't we? With that attitude you are quickly going to run out of parties to vote for. People voted for the NP not because it was perfect but because it was the best party they believed will stop the swart gevaar and in the process they got other things for their votes, some those who vote for the ANC believe that it is the only thing standing between them and the return to apartheid amongst others, in the process they got nice things like electricity, water, RDP houses and grants. People vote for Trump because there is something that they want from Trump and they believe he is the only one who can give them what they want, he will obviously do something that they don't like in the process of giving them what they want.

This notion of saying just because I vote for a certain party it then means I am 100% happy with what they are doing is a just not true and is over simplifying a complex issue that is not just black and white.

Nah, if you vote for a party that wasted 300 billion rand without trying out other parties then you are saying you are fine with it.

You may not have to be 100% happy with a party but you have to vote for the party that you are the happiest with.

R300 billion. That's an insane amount. Do you know how much that is? R300000 million. Do you know how many farms can be bought with that? Or how many power stations built? Or schools or oh man. I don't know how anyone can vote for a party that managed to waste so much money.

You are either for it or against it. At some point you have to draw the line.

He said you have to pick a party and stick to it no matter what. I said no, you have to change your vote if you aren't happy with a party.

You said that's not how things work in real life.

Of course it is! If I voted for a party and they start offering children to the devil. Do I stay with them or do I draw the line?

I draw the line and vote for a different party! I mean it's common sense. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Personally, if a party wastes R300000 million then that's waaaaayyyyy over the line. If you are fine with it, the so be it. But then you are just as guilty as them.

Last edited:

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Can you please elaborate on what you want with "self determination"?

If you want all the white women for yourself then we might have a problem
How would it even be remotely possible to have "all white women" if everyone had the right to self-determination?

Unless you think all white women will suddenly choose that fate, unlikely enough to be called impossible.

I already answered this question though, didn't you like the answer?
Abolishment of any and all racist laws. If they're serious about self-determination and follow through then also: likely a system of cantons like the Swiss have, each with its own system of governance / taxation / priorities etc

EDIT: and none of the Swiss cantons exclude anyone based on race fyi, they merely get to choose how they run their part of the country

rietrot

Honorary Master
Lol this idiot is only BSing herself trying to justify the bad choices she has made. Obviously she knows she is wrong.