Why voting for Ramaphosa is about reality – not ideology (OPINION - Melanie Verwoerd)

DreamKing

Honorary Master
here, this stupid lady perfectly showed us why every anc voters is an idiot.

you have NO VOTE for CR even you voted for your beloved anc, idiots !!!! you understand that?

Last edited:

Devvi3m

How about you forgot about what she wants you to do and do what you want to do? Don't be such a prisoner, this is a free country man, she is free to have an opinion and so are you, now go out there and vote for the Freedom Front plus.

The Freedom Plus have the intellectual capacity and also the political will to turn this country around if they ever could get in power. They, however, have two problems: They are white and live in South-Africa.

Anybody still voting for the ANC should be charged with treason!

TheChamp

Honorary Master
The Freedom Plus have the intellectual capacity and also the political will to turn this country around if they ever could get in power. They, however, have two problems: They are white and live in South-Africa.

And there is your problem, your mindset is stuck in the good old days, that is why you have a problem with Melanie having an opinion.

Devvi3m

And there is your problem, your mindset is stuck in the good old days, that is why you have a problem with Melanie having an opinion.

"the good old days", lol when was that?

A vote for the ANC is also a vote for corruption, nepotism, thievery, racism, incompetence, unaccountability and a total lack of respect for South-Africa!

Trillions of Rands have been stolen and or lost because of the ANC.
Millions of jobs have been lost because of the ANC.

How can ANYONE in their right mind still vote for the ANC?

Creag

The Boar's Rock
We have discussed the Arms deal on here in length already. Lekota was never guilty of anything. He ran the Army pretty well. I agree with his party's views. You are welcome to vote for the ANC lite. I won't, nor will most of my family. The DA will be shocked when they realize how many voters they have shunned this year :D
Will take it under consideration.

I have never considered a vote for any other than DA. That said, at this point in time, the DA has done diddly-squat to impress in their time in Parliament recently.

Their leadership in municipalities has also been less than impressive. While we hear that things have changed, visibly, I have yet to see anything change. (Pikitup still collect refuse whenever they want (sometimes every 2 weeks). Traffic lights are still a mess. The same main intersections go on the blink periodically. Traffic congestion gets worse and there is no obvious plans or moves toward changing things.)

3WA

Honorary Master
Unfortunately the ANC will insist on electing dodgy characters like Mabuza into such positions, expect to see someone like Gigaba back In the mix. The structures of the ANC and their election processes makes it fair game for people like Mabuza and Gigaba, It is not going to change in the next five to ten years.

I think it will take some time until they go full retard again. They'll get better before they get worse.

Sollie

Honorary Master
The problem is we are faced with a situation of who is the "best of the rest"?.

I have a lot of respect for people like Gordhan, Rhamahosa. But will I vote for the ANC? No - make that a hell no. While I respect certain individuals, I do not agree with the their vision.

DA - would have been the closest a few years back, but they caved to pressure and populist politics. Still some good people left, but ...

FF+ - a party needs to include all races. Yet - respect.
er than DA. That said, at this point in time, the DA has done diddly-squat to impress in their time in Parliament recently.

COPE - I believe they are too naive. They have my respect.

IFP - They are seen as teh "Zulu" party. But they have their moments. Respect.

EFF - The "do you have rocks in your head?" party. I love South Africa and it's people too much. Yes sometimes even you @EADC when you're thinking straight - like in this thread so far ;)

The others are fringe. So who to vote for? Any decision personally would be strategic in opposition, not because I necessary agree with the party I vote for. I believe this is the same dilemma many South Africans face.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
FF+ - a party needs to include all races
They do though, straight from their manifesto where they want all races and all languages to be treated equally.

They make a bit of special mention of Afrikaners, but that's not a race and it's said in the context of striving for communities' (of any race / creed) right to self determination.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

Has it ever occurred to you that it could be because they're remnants of the KP? Or that people are just not crazy about their politics and ideology?

Voting is a democratic right I'm afraid, and one's vote is a secret. How you're going to round up those who voted for a particular party would be interesting to watch...

We have discussed the Arms deal on here in length already. Lekota was never guilty of anything. He ran the Army pretty well. I agree with his party's views. You are welcome to vote for the ANC lite. I won't, nor will most of my family. The DA will be shocked when they realize how many voters they have shunned this year :D

Must say living in Cape Town, I'm preturbed by the ' everyday conversations' I'm listening to. I go to the Newlands water station once a week (we still have water restrictions down here) and many of the coloureds (majority of voters in the Western Cape) love De Lille. Must confess, I didn't expect to hear such a visceral reaction to the DA.

BBSA

Honorary Master
They do though, straight from their manifesto where they want all races and all languages to be treated equally.

They make a bit of special mention of Afrikaners, but that's not a race and it's said in the context of striving for communities' (of any race / creed) right to self determination.

Do they still want a Volkstaat?

R13...

Honorary Master
Why not Cope?

I'm voting Cope because of their stance on Land Reform and the lack of spine from the DA (ANC lite)
Because Cope are a one man show nowhere near ready to govern anything. Voting for them is a waste and my opinion is they'll do a lot worse than the current ruling parties at various municipalities. At the moment I think the only parties in charge (now or historical) anything at ANC, DA and IFP.

Emjay

Honorary Master
How about you forgot about what she wants you to do and do what you want to do? Don't be such a prisoner, this is a free country man, she is free to have an opinion and so are you, now go out there and vote for the Freedom Front plus.

It is all irrelevant as all major political parties in SA are quite far on the left anyway.

I vote in opposition to literally stop the ANC from getting enough of a margin to unilaterally change the Constitution. Nothing else, as the politics are all the same.

Eniigma

Expert Member

Thinking I'm going to give them my vote.

I've been struggling with the thinking that a vote for anyone other than the DA as the best option (numbers wise) to challange the ANC would be a waste, but the reality is along as people keep voting for that reason instead of who they actually think is the best option or best representitive of their beliefs, we'll just stay in this situation forever.

Pitbull

Verboten
Because Cope are a one man show nowhere near ready to govern anything. Voting for them is a waste and my opinion is they'll do a lot worse than the current ruling parties at various municipalities. At the moment I think the only parties in charge (now or historical) anything at ANC, DA and IFP.

Fark the DA!

They can go Fark themselves. Done with that shyte show of a party... I would rather vote for the ANC than the DA ever again.

R13...

Honorary Master
Must say living in Cape Town, I'm preturbed by the ' everyday conversations' I'm listening to. I go to the Newlands water station once a week (we still have water restrictions down here) and many of the coloureds (majority of voters in the Western Cape) love De Lille. Must confess, I didn't expect to hear such a visceral reaction to the DA.
Why would they not like de Lille. Admittedly most of that support is probably irrational race based as is the case with most voters in this country. They don't vote on principle but rather attach themselves to organisations