Why voting for Ramaphosa is about reality – not ideology (OPINION - Melanie Verwoerd)

BBSA

Honorary Master
Because Cope are a one man show nowhere near ready to govern anything. Voting for them is a waste and my opinion is they'll do a lot worse than the current ruling parties at various municipalities. At the moment I think the only parties in charge (now or historical) anything at ANC, DA and IFP.

I will vote for COPE because I know they will not govern but will go into a coalition with the DA. So the DA will govern but in partnership with other parties. It will keep the DA modest and honest.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Do they still want a Volkstaat?
Not AFAIK, someone else more familiar with all things VF+?

I suspect the wording around wanting communities to have a right to self-determination is the new PC-version of "Volkstaat".

Why would they not like de Lille. Admittedly most of that support is probably irrational race based as is the case with most voters in this country. They don't vote on principle but rather attach themselves to organisations

Well, the DA replaced De Lille with another coloured person (Dan Plato) so I thought that might placate the potential leakage. I've always thought that De Lille blows her own trumpet a bit too loudly over the level of support that she has...I had estimated she'd get not more than 5% of the vote in the WC, but I might have to revise that upwards.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Has it ever occurred to you that it could be because they're remnants of the KP? Or that people are just not crazy about their politics and ideology?
He's right though, the VF+ mainly has a bad rep because of racism, either people assume they are racist, or they are themselves racist and refuse to support a "white" party.

I doubt most would even know enough about their policies to know if they like them or not.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
This sums up all of South African politics, and politics in general.
Indeed, once you scratch the top 3 parties off the list though, which anyone with any sense of patriotism or morality should do imo, then you have little choice but to investigate the remaining ones more thoroughly given how little airtime they get.

yebocan

Honorary Master
He's right though, the VF+ mainly has a bad rep because of racism, either people assume they are racist, or they are themselves racist and refuse to support a "white" party.

I doubt most would even know enough about their policies to know if they like them or not.

VF+...was born from the Conservative Party...

3WA

Honorary Master

The VF+ don't exist for all intents and purposes. There's a huge gaping hole in conservative politics. They could have 20 young conservatives blowing up Twitter, selling free market principles and equality for all, but they don't do anything. They have the power to say things the DA could never say. Their lack of presence means they will never grow.

EADC

Executive Member
Has it ever occurred to you that it could be because they're remnants of the KP? Or that people are just not crazy about their politics and ideology?

Voting is a democratic right I'm afraid, and one's vote is a secret. How you're going to round up those who voted for a particular party would be interesting to watch...

Mission
The Freedom Front Plus is irrevocably committed to the realisation of communities', in particular the Afrikaner's, internationally regocnised right to self-determination, territorial or otherwise; the maintanance, protection and promotion of their rights and interests, as well as the promotion of the right of self-determination of any other community, bound by a common language and cultural heritage in South Africa.

Yeah not voting for these okes. They contridict themselves a little.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
not albino ones...
also just a correction (I had to google this myself): VF+ came from the Freedom Front, an entirely independent party from the CP, the only connection being that the few CP members who remained when that party went down defected to the FF

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
The VF+ don't exist for all intents and purposes. There's a huge gaping hole in conservative politics. They could have 20 young conservatives blowing up Twitter, selling free market principles and equality for all, but they don't do anything. They have the power to say things the DA could never say. Their lack of presence means they will never grow.
They have a bigger share of the national vote than COPE which many here plan to vote for instead of the DA ...

Devvi3m

I am a South African first and foremost, If your first objective is your culture or race, you dont have my vote.

Easy to say when your culture and race are in the majority, don't you think?