Why voting for Ramaphosa is about reality – not ideology (OPINION - Melanie Verwoerd)

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I am a South African first and foremost, If your first objective is your culture or race, you dont have my vote.
Then you are clearly not voting ANC or EFF who's first objective sure as hell is their race.

The VF+ merely wants all communities to have the right to self-determination, not force it upon anyone.

EADC

Executive Member
Then you are clearly not voting ANC or EFF who's first objective sure as hell is their race.

The VF+ merely wants all communities to have the right to self-determination, not force it upon anyone.

You dont say.

Yes they say that at the end but we know their focus is on the Afrikaner people, which I am not so why should I vote for them. Wolf in sheeps clothing if you ask me.

and their leadership is old as ****.

Marcell1992

I don't understand why people fear the VF+. Apartheid(white dominant) will never happen again. The world would shut that crap down in an instant by cutting our trade ties that is South Africa's life support in this ANC-era. VF+ has people smart enough to know this, therefore their goals is equality, and I'm sure what they mean with their support for Afrikaaners is to give them back their power they lost in this ANC-era. Many Afrikaans schools were forced to switch to dual language. Afrikaans shows are forced to have at least 35% English (I believe is the requirement), radio stations are governed by the same requirement. Afrikaans is being slowly but surely wiped from memory.

Devvi3m

No its not I am a minority.
Fair enough!
So according to you what is a South-African then?
Just a person with no color, no language or any culture. Just a neutral person with zero interest in politics or who is ruling the country?

Or is a true South-African a person who stands up for what he/she believes in.
Speaks out against anyone, no matter their race/sex/religion or culture, when wrongs are being committed!
Not only white poeple are minorities

How is that?

As far as I know black includes colored, brown, black and asian. That is pretty much everyone but white people.

EADC

Executive Member
I don't understand why people fear the VF+. Apartheid(white dominant) will never happen again. The world would shut that crap down in an instant by cutting our trade ties that is South Africa's life support in this ANC-era. VF+ has people smart enough to know this, therefore their goals is equality, and I'm sure what they mean with their support for Afrikaaners is to give them back their power they lost in this ANC-era. Many Afrikaans schools were forced to switch to dual language. Afrikaans shows are forced to have at least 35% English (I believe is the requirement), radio stations are governed by the same requirement. Afrikaans is being slowly but surely wiped from memory.

Define Afrikaner?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I dont know why i would or why you think i would
You've expressed anti-DA tendencies, statistically that makes it highly likely that you support ANC/EFF so in the absence of any hints of who you actually support I went with the most likely, mathematically speaking.

newby_investor

Expert Member
I understand Ms Verwoerd's argument thus:
  1. Ramaphosa is the best possible leader to move South Africa forward.
  2. He can't clean all the Zuma people out immediately without destabilising government.
  3. His win in their recent leadership conference was quite marginal.
  4. He needs a "clear mandate" from voters in the form of a decent majority in the upcoming elections to consolidate his position and put him in a better position to clear out the remaining Zupta stooges.
  5. A poor election performance in 2019 would make it very difficult for Ramaphosa to clean up shop, a coalition government would basically be crippled and not able to get anything done.
Her logic makes sense. I don't necessarily agree. As was mentioned here before, we don't vote for the president directly but the party, so a vote for the ANC is also a vote for Ace, Supra and DD (not to mention Bathabile, Malusi and others). I may be convinced to vote for Ramaphosa strategically (though I'd probably prefer a leader like Lekgota or Holomisa) if I could, but I could never endorse the ANC.

EADC

Executive Member
You've expressed anti-DA tendencies, statistically that makes it highly likely that you support ANC/EFF so in the absence of any hints of who you actually support I went with the most likely, mathematically speaking.

So being critical of the DA makes you an ANC/EFF voter but being critical of EFF/ANC makes you an ANC/EFF voter?
Your logic seems a bit of kilter. I am not a party loyalist I vote for who fulfils my needs and who I think will do a good job.