Why you can't get the Huawei Mate 30 Pro in SA

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Why you can't get the Huawei Mate 30 Pro in SA

Huawei recently unveiled its new Mate 30 Series smartphones, comprising the Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, and Mate 30 Lite.

The company was expected to launch the Mate 30 Pro device in South Africa soon after the international announcement, as its previous-generation Mate 10 Pro and Mate 20 Pro smartphones performed well in the local market.

ngwenyas

What happened to being optimistic, it could have been the next big thing. The sooner they introduce their new ecosystem the sooner we can get used to it.

Inyanga

What happened to being optimistic, it could have been the next big thing. The sooner they introduce their new ecosystem the sooner we can get used to it.
To me the new eco system is dead. To many missing apps. I tried this before with a no name phone eco system from microsoft.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
To me the new eco system is dead. To many missing apps. I tried this before with a no name phone eco system from microsoft.
The new ecosystem is just that - new.
Huawei are doing a lot of incentivisation to get developers to start contributing.

Inyanga

The new ecosystem is just that - new.
Huawei are doing a lot of incentivisation to get developers to start contributing.
It will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe Microsoft did not throw enough money at it .

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
It will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe Microsoft did not throw enough money at it .
Windows Phone used (at that time) a 14 year old kernel forcing them to reboot the whole thing midway through. They shot themselves in the foot.