Why you don't really have free will

Prawnapple

Expert Member
Still missing the point and therefor not understanding the argument. And still with this miracle BS. This is pointless.

He thinks it's completely random, without a cause, miracle. Even after explaining that indeterminate isn't random or acausal.

No you are choosing an interpretation fitting your view. It still does not explain the path taken in a predictable manner as opposed to the indeterministic manner we witness.

Weasel words. Most seem to use indeterminate.
It doesn't matter whether the universe is determinate OR indeterminate.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Still missing the point and therefor not understanding the argument. And still with this miracle BS. This is pointless.
He thinks it's completely random, without a cause, miracle. Even after explaining that indeterminate isn't random or acausal.
Huh? Are you trying to say I'm conflating randomness with indeterminism?

If so... wow, just wow. Where have I ever said such a thing? How the heck would randomness be a miracle or divine intervention? Like... how? If you seriously think that low of my intellect... well... look I'm not the smartest cookie but I'm not that low either.

Holy hell. hahaha. This explains things :) Right now it feels like I'm so far ahead of you on this topic that you're wondering if I'm behind :ROFL: Catch up lol

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
It doesn't matter whether the universe is determinate OR indeterminate.
Only in your mind because you've already decided that free will isn't possible.

Huh? Are you trying to say I'm conflating randomness with indeterminism?

If so... wow, just wow. Where have I ever said such a thing? How the heck would randomness be a miracle or divine intervention? Like... how? If you seriously think that low of my intellect... well... look I'm not the smartest cookie but I'm not that low either.

Holy hell. hahaha. This explains things :) Right now it feels like I'm so far ahead of you on this topic that you're wondering if I'm behind :ROFL: Catch up lol
No you're conflating random with indeterminism. There's no such thing as purely random or maybe there is. We see particles going in and out of existence but they have no material effect and are irrelevant. There's only really randomness within determined bounds.

You stated that something just happening non-causally would be akin to a miracle.

@Swa
You might want to watch this:
Do you have a low down? I'm not watching 56 full minutes?