Why you don't really have free will

Bobbin

Executive Member
let me guess, its because you have no free will?
I don't know if I have free will. I'd like to understand how it works if I do, and not by way of bullshitting myself about it with determinism crap. What's that got to do with anything?

Ponderer

Expert Member
It's funny, your entire philosophy revolves around circular logic... and now you've tried to prove a point through circular reasoning. See post A, see post B to weakly attempt to defend post A, see post A to defend post B.

You've been upgraded to imbecile extraordinaire. Congratulations.
See post #1336.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Yes, the hallmark of an intelligent person is one who realizes how little he/she knows. And I know that I know very little. So thanks for the compliment :)

But this shows your stupidity.... AGAIN!!!

Bobbin

Executive Member
It's actually kinda fun constantly affirming my suspicions all along, with so little effort required to prove it over and over :) Just sorry about the people who wish for better content in this forum. My apologies to them for my ranting, but I'm just over these twats. I will stop now I think.

Last edited:

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
It's actually kinda fun constantly affirming my suspicions all along, with so little effort required to prove it over and over :) Just sorry about the people who wish for better content in this forum. My apologies to them for my ranting, but I'm just over these twats. I will stop now I think.
Not going to lie but I would love to be able to make a thread where certain people could be excluded and a proper debate could go on.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I don't know if I have free will. I'd like to understand how it works if I do, and not by way of bullshitting myself about it with determinism crap. What's that got to do with anything?
you don't know if you have free will, but years of thinking about this has made your views credible? is that how I understand what you are saying?

Ponderer

Expert Member
Aaah - the apology and all.
You're such a nice and polite person.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bobbin

Executive Member
you don't know if you have free will, but years of thinking about this has made your views credible? is that how I understand what you are saying?
I don't assert my views on anyone. They're entirely up for scrutiny and debate. So I don't understand your line of questioning.

Presumably nobody on the face of the planet knows if free will is valid. We can only add to the pool of considerations and offer our thoughts. So the concept of credibility on the topic seems moot. Agree?

Generally speaking I always offer my views where I feel it is relevant or worth exploring, whether credible or not. I'm not sure why I'm put on some pedestal where I have to know everything or be credible on every topic. Is it my username? Is it the manner in which I speak? What is it? :laugh:

saturnz

Honorary Master
I don't assert my views on anyone. They're entirely up for scrutiny and debate. So I don't understand your line of questioning.
you have acknowledged you don't know much, but you are clearly of the view you know enough to justify your actions

saturnz

Honorary Master
So the concept of credibility on the topic seems moot. Agree?
no I do not agree, someone who has gone through peer review or some sort of academic process would have a more considered opinion on an issue than someone who has not

it is clear you have not gone through that process

Splinter

Honorary Master
no I do not agree, someone who has gone through peer review or some sort of academic process would have a more considered opinion on an issue than someone who has not

And you have?

Bobbin

Executive Member

I'm sorry, is this a public debate forum or an expert committee? Am I being fraudulent somehow?

saturnz

Honorary Master
I'm sorry, is this a public debate forum or an expert committee? Am I being fraudulent somehow?
thats not the issue, I disagree that the concept of credibility is moot

so when I ask for a source (preferably a credible one), as the "rules" of this section allow for, telling me you thought about an issue for years does not cut it

Bobbin

Executive Member
thats not the issue, I disagree that the concept of credibility is moot

so when I ask for a source (preferably a credible one), as the "rules" of this section allow for, telling me you thought about an issue for years does not cut it
Well then I'm sorry. You have nothing to learn from me or the things I say here. Carry on then :) You can put me on ignore.