Why you don't really have free will

Bobbin

Executive Member
I knew this a long time ago.
Apparently we have nothing to learn from each other as common discourse is out the window. Only the credible shall speak.

And let the biggest PhD trump all other views.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Apparently we have nothing to learn from each other as common discourse is out the window. Only the credible shall speak.
if as you say you know very little, then yes, it is quite obvious there is not much to learn from you

Bobbin

Executive Member
if as you say you know very little, then yes, it is quite obvious there is not much to learn from you
So because I lack a PhD I am exempt from generating ideas or offering my thoughts in order to see how they stand against scrutiny.

You treat me as though I frequently make claims and assertions on these topics. Usually I state what I think about something to see if it's worth exploring. Usually I use terms such as "it seems as though" or "I think". Is that not apparent?

saturnz

Honorary Master
So because I lack a PhD I am exempt from generating ideas or offering my thoughts in order to see how they stand against scrutiny.

You treat me as though I frequently make claims and assertions on these topics. Usually I state what I think about something to see if it's worth exploring.
well you just said in a previous post you know very little, so now you expect people to take you seriously?

Techne

Honorary Master
Full of criticism but no answers. Pot calling kettle black. One of the many things I absolutely despise about you.

All you can say is... "as long as we hold on to our views there's a problem" - and you play it as such a weakness and with such arrogance. But you give forkall perspective of your views or any alternative. You're just here to talk schit, basically.

It's hopeless expecting anything more from you. :sneaky:
The problem is that is all you seem to know is your own self refuting metaphysics despite being presented plenty of alternatives.

And you are just unable to defend your metaphysics and now you lash out in anger.

Oh well, maybe you are able to digest some alternatives that have been presented, maybe not.

Bobbin

Executive Member
The problem is that is all you seem to know is your own self refuting metaphysics despite being presented plenty of alternatives.

And you are just unable to defend your metaphysics and now you lash out in anger.

Oh well, maybe you are able to digest some alternatives that have been presented, maybe not.
I am not trying to defend any metaphysics. I am trying to ascertain which metaphysics is valid through questioning and valid critique (to the best of my ability).

Which alternatives though? Name me one to target for discussion.

Bobbin

Executive Member
well you just said in a previous post you know very little, so now you expect people to take you seriously?
What claims or assertions have I made that I should expect others take seriously? Maybe we can argue a point or something? This is all airy fairy talk.

saturnz

Honorary Master
What claims or assertions have I made that I should expect others take seriously? Maybe we can argue a point or something? This is all airy fairy talk.
so you've forgotten the times I asked you for a reference to support the claims you've made

Techne

Honorary Master
I am not trying to defend any metaphysics. I am trying to ascertain which metaphysics is valid through questioning and valid critique (to the best of my ability).

Which alternatives though? Name me one to target for discussion.
Ok, so all these years where you pretty much dismiss teleology and just can't see or understand alternatives to determinism are pretty meaningless.

And do you even know what metaphysical system I have been promoting and discussed for years?

If you do target it. Otherwise go for panpsychism.

Bobbin

Executive Member
so you've forgotten the times I asked you for a reference to support the claims you've made
I remember once when I tried to separate the concept of private ownership and profit away from the term "capitalism" so we can focus on each idea on merit, and you called for a reference which did not even seem relevant to the discussion or productively addressing the points so I wasn't sure how to handle that.

I think the "violence" discussion you also asked for a credibility claim, but I really don't remember right now. I think I got too the mucking foerin thereafter to remember :laugh:

Last edited:

Bobbin

Executive Member
Ok, so all these years where you pretty much dismiss teleology and just can't see or understand alternatives to determinism are pretty meaningless.

And do you even know what metaphysical system I have been promoting and discussed for years?

If you do target it. Otherwise go for panpsychism.
I only recall that you have espoused teleology quite a lot. Everything has purpose essentially. But let me know if I got that wrong.

I'm familiar with panpsychism (Not deeply though). It lends credence to my subjectivity argument I think, but it just goes way beyond that. It doesn't draw me, but maybe I will read up on it some more.

Last edited:

saturnz

Honorary Master
I think the "violence" discussion you also asked for a credibility claim, but I really don't remember right now. I think I got too the mucking foerin thereafter to remember :laugh:
thats your problem, not mine

Techne

Honorary Master
I only recall that you have espoused teleology quite a lot. Everything has purpose essentially. But let me know if I got that wrong.

I'm familiar with panpsychism (Not deeply though). It lends credence to my subjectivity argument I think, but it just goes way beyond that. It doesn't draw me, but maybe I will read up on it some more.
Really, that is all you have?

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'm sure if I search somewhere, I have stated on this forum that my opinions do not mean much, which is why I am hesitant to post them.
Oh, so what you said to Bobbin applied to what you said to Bobbin as well.

Bobbin

Executive Member
I'm not very willing to engage with people who justify their expressions of violence when their opinions are challenged.
I don't recall you ever challenging my opinions. Usually it's insult or calls for credibility to demean my character. That part I remember, because it's the very reason I lashed out. How could I forget that.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I don't recall you ever challenging my opinions. Usually it's insult or calls for credibility to demean my character. That part I remember, because it's the very reason I lashed out. How could I forget that.
in your opinion I demean your character...

and even if I did, so what, people demean my character on this forum on a regular basis, I don't recall expressing interest in violence directed at anyone