Why you don't really have free will

rietrot

Honorary Master
Maybe you should read the above while having a nice slice of that humble pie ;)
Uhm you just demonstrated my point. Are you confused or something.

Just because you might be ignorant of a subject doesn't mean that it doesn't apply to you.

Last edited:

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Useless double speak. So now your brain can make decisions? That's free will. Make up your mind.
"Process information and select" I should've phrased it like that rather if I considered you'll try to strawman that argument.

Prawnapple

Expert Member
You invoked God, not me. If you can place arbitrary constraints on a being you don't believe in without having to explain yourself, I can surely lift those arbitrary constraints without having to explain myself.
I only invoked god because usually free-will and belief in god go hand in hand. In either case, you have no free will, with or without a god.

so inform them that they all got it wrong
I'll try my best :p

If you have any ability to simply make a decision then there is no determinism. Full stop. You can interject your will into the flow of events that is causality and ultimately you can just remove yourself completely.
There you have libertarian free will.

Libertarian freewill doesn't reject cause and affect, but simply acknowledge freewill as a "higher" power.
Actually, by definition it has to reject it. Everything is cause and effect. Nothing is without cause and effect. Lol, "higher power". Right. You now have given yourself the burden of proof.

To argue that there is no such thing as free will is just plain stupid.
Simple as that.
If you believe that free will is a myth, you're *ucking stupid.
Simple as that.
Can you demonstrate why arguing that is stupid? Typical low IQ nonsense from somebody with no brain. This time you're on permanent block list. Ignoramus.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Uhm you just demonstrated my point. Are you confused or something.

Just because you might be ignorant of a subject doesn't mean that it doesn't apply to you.
Oh my word. It's there in black and white.

Maybe you can't see the screen properly over that pile of humble pie in front of you :)

rietrot

Honorary Master
"Process information and select" I should've phrased it like that rather if I considered you'll try to strawman that argument.
Processing and selecting information is the definition of making a decision. You can't BS your way out of this with semantics.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Actually, by definition it has to reject it. Everything is cause and effect. Nothing is without cause and effect. Lol, "higher power". Right. You now have given yourself the burden of proof.
I have no problem proving my ideas. I have just done so.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Simple as that.
Simple as that.
And then the next level of stupidity - believing in an invisible fairy in the sky.

And then theres a level up on that - believing in an invisible fairy in the sky that your own mind created.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Maybe the death of another universe. Maybe it's universes back into infinity. Maybe the other end of a wormhole. Not knowing is not saying it's uncaused.
so if there is an infinite amount of universes, then there are infinite amount of possibilities...

Prawnapple

Expert Member
interesting you say that, so what caused the universe?
I should caveat that by saying, everything in the universe as we know it works by cause and effect. The universe itself? Who knows?

so if there is an infinite amount of universes, then there are infinite amount of possibilities...
I like where you're going with this. Now this is podracing :)

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Haha. I've seen this one before. Having an infinite amount of outcomes does not mean any imaginable outcome is true.

Color:

You can have a infinite amount of shades of blue. It will never be red.

Math: There's an infinite amount of real numbers between 0 and 1. It will never be 2.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Simple as that.
Simple as that.
Although, as we are still waiting on you to define free will, how can we be sure if we are believing, or not beleiving, in the right thing.

rietrot

Honorary Master
A computer can do that. Does it have free will?
Lol. No a computer can't do that on its own. A computer is a calculator. It can only select the information that people told it to select.
Who is your puppet master/operator, if your mind is like a computer?

saturnz

Honorary Master
Haha. I've seen this one before. Having an infinite amount of outcomes does not mean any imaginable outcome is true.

Color:

You can have a infinite amount of shades of blue. It will never be red.

Math: There's an infinite amount of real numbers between 0 and 1. It will never be 2.
this is true, so the universe has a conscious and a will then?

because you can have the ingredients to coffee, but you need to put it together to make coffee