Why you need a dashcam

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
This is why I have full BURNCO front and rear steel bumpers on my Landie...1 pit maneuver later.

About a week ago I was sitting in the outside lane of a two lane Right turn only, at a set of traffic lights.

Of course a taxi comes and stops right next to me in the lane that is only allowed to turn straight. I knew what his plan was. When the light turned green I took the turn extra wide with fuknut on my left trying to push by.

I just kept going straight and ended up pushing him onto the pavement. Slight scratch on my bumper but the right side of that taxi looked like it was attacked by the "Can Opener Transformer".

I just kept going basking in the hooting and flashing lights from other motorists accompanied by their thumbs up...

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Exact reason why I got mine. Too many near-misses on the road. Primary offenders are taxis and pedestrians and I know you are not (safely) winning an argument with either in the middle of town, so record and report using the recording as evidence should the need arise.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Taxi driver just being themselves.
The victim was pushing his luck by trying to go past after the event.
Report to the cops and they'll do f-all as usual.

Taxi driver needs lead poisoning.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Anybody defending that or any other minibus taxi driver is ****ing tool and I wish all the carnage they cause upon you.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Still don’t see why we need a dash cam?

How would it have changed the drivers life in any way?

isie

Honorary Master
Still don’t see why we need a dash cam?

How would it have changed the drivers life in any way?
you can have fun posting videos on youtube - come join us on the bad driving thread

Mistro

This is why I have full BURNCO front and rear steel bumpers on my Landie...1 pit maneuver later.

About a week ago I was sitting in the outside lane of a two lane Right turn only, at a set of traffic lights.

Of course a taxi comes and stops right next to me in the lane that is only allowed to turn straight. I knew what his plan was. When the light turned green I took the turn extra wide with fuknut on my left trying to push by.

I just kept going straight and ended up pushing him onto the pavement. Slight scratch on my bumper but the right side of that taxi looked like it was attacked by the "Can Opener Transformer".

I just kept going basking in the hooting and flashing lights from other motorists accompanied by their thumbs up...
I don't know how you find this heroic, you basically scratched your car and you are celebrating? :rolleyes: I'd say you and the taxi driver are no different. Now you have to spend money fixing an unnecessary scratch :thumbsdown: