Why you need a dashcam

Mistro

No no...I didn't block the taxi from getting past. Please focus:

I lightly nudged him off the road so he would learn a lesson and at least for the rest of that day, not be a menace to other road users.

I do value my life and my family...that's why I refuse to cower and hide and turn the other cheek. That is not living..

Anyway...I've had enough of your virtue signalling.

Go troll someone else please...this has become boring.
So you are judge, jury and executioner? You go around giving lessons through road rage? I am not even trolling, just pointing out to you your floored logic. Anyway, carry on behaving like that and you will eventually meet another you.

MirageF1

Executive Member
If you value your life and family, you kinda behave in a manner that shows, what I've seen in the video and what you posted are no different

Another wannabe McGyver .. they all find their final resting place ( just like the original did)

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Read what Craig wrote for context...even simple comprehension is hard hence you are not even getting my point.
You don't HAVE a point, so that must be why I'm not getting it.

Let me take a stab anyway, based on @Craig post:

If, after I gave the taxi that light little tap, the taxi couldn't drive any further, I would have gone to jail?

Keeping in mind of course that I had the right of way, he was doing an illegal maneuver and technically drove into ME ?

Is that what you are implying?

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Another wannabe McGyver .. they all find their final resting place ( just like the original did)
McGyver?? Jirre dude, I didn't build that bumper from leftover toast and black shoe polish...

WTF are you even talking about?

Rabobi

Executive Member
You don't HAVE a point, so that must be why I'm not getting it.

Let me take a stab anyway, based on @Craig post:

If, after I gave the taxi that light little tap, the taxi couldn't drive any further, I would have gone to jail?

Keeping in mind of course that I had the right of way, he was doing an illegal maneuver and technically drove into ME ?

Is that what you are implying?
You will hopefully not learn a harsh lesson one day. Dont act like a d00s because someone else is acting like a d00s.

Your light little tap could have caused an accident and passengers could have died. But hey, you da man! Here's your beer, now hold it. Chop

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
So you are judge, jury and executioner? You go around giving lessons through road rage? I am not even trolling, just pointing out to you your floored logic. Anyway, carry on behaving like that and you will eventually meet another you.
I held my line based on my right of way. He tried to push me out of the way and I didn't budge. He damaged his own vehicle against mine.

Explain what I did wrong?

And as I have said many times before...no road rage was involved. I think I was chuckling the whole time...

Reactions: rh1

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
You will hopefully not learn a harsh lesson one day. Dont act like a d00s because someone else is acting like a d00s.

Your light little tap could have caused an accident and passengers could have died. But hey, you da man! Here's your beer, now hold it. Chop
Taxi was empty...only the driver and his sidekick was in it. No innocent passengers at all.

Also is that a lamb chop or karate chop?

Craig

Honorary Master
And you would visit him in jail?
Why would he go to jail? For keeping his line when a taxi is doing an illegal manouver?

Have you seen how they drive? Just yesterday morning one single taxi almost drove 4 diferrent cars off the road in a space of 2 km. If everyone stood their ground they won't have a choice but to stop endangering everyone on the roads lives.

So yeah, f'em.

Mekon

Expert Member
A lot of bullets into a lot of heads so they realise that maybe they will be next
Did I at any point say I'll go all Rambo on taxi drivers. This is more of a situation where different people around the country reached a point where pot shots were being taken at taxi drivers.

Mistro

Why would he go to jail? For keeping his line when a taxi is doing an illegal manouver?

Have you seen how they drive? Just yesterday morning one single taxi almost drove 4 diferrent cars off the road in a space of 2 km. If everyone stood their ground they won't have a choice but to stop endangering everyone on the roads lives.

So yeah, f'em.
I don't think you understand what it means to stand your ground, quite clear.

Neuk_

Expert Member
It is not only the taxi drivers, the amount of terrible driving I see on a daily basis and record on my dash cam if in my car is ridiculous for the little mileage that I do.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
How would a dashcam help you in this situation?
For me, I'm contemplating getting for insurance purposes, I've had my car for barely two months and yet already have a scratch on the side of the mirror as taxi decided to squeeze past in stand still traffic.

zamedic

From personal experience, I have a dash cam. One day, a car decided at the last second to not take the offramp and suddenly change lanes, directly into me.

Send the footage to my insurance and around 9 months later they had successfully recovered the full amount from the other party and refunded me the excess I paid.

Another time, a drunk guy ran across the highway, directly infront of a truck. The police wanted to arrest the truck driver until I showed them the footage. They asked me for a copy and they let the driver go.