Why you need a dashcam

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
And scratching other cars and gloating about it is defensible?

Explain to me exactly what I did wrong, when I held my legal line of driving whilst refusing to get out of the way. If the taxi did not want to be damaged, why did it do an illegal driving maneuver trying to force me out of the way.

How many times a day do you make an illegal right turn with your car, through an intersection and at the same time try to push the legally driving car to your right hand side, out of the way?

I refused to be pushed out of the way and he ran into my vehicle, which caused his vehicle damage.

If this was done by someone in a normal car, I would have reacted in the same way. The fact that it was a taxi, that do this in their thousands on our roads on a daily basis, just made it that much more satisfactory.

But I am the problem?

And please, answer my question: what exactly did I do wrong? Don't respond with vague comments that have no bearing on the discussion, apart from you trying to "defend" your rather tenuous position.

Mistro

This is why I have full BURNCO front and rear steel bumpers on my Landie...1 pit maneuver later.

About a week ago I was sitting in the outside lane of a two lane Right turn only, at a set of traffic lights.

Of course a taxi comes and stops right next to me in the lane that is only allowed to turn straight. I knew what his plan was. When the light turned green I took the turn extra wide with fuknut on my left trying to push by.

I just kept going straight and ended up pushing him onto the pavement. Slight scratch on my bumper but the right side of that taxi looked like it was attacked by the "Can Opener Transformer"

I just kept going basking in the hooting and flashing lights from other motorists accompanied by their thumbs up...
:unsure:

Mistro

And?

It's called cause and effect. I refused to give way and so did he...unfortunately for him.

If he did not drive illegally, none of the above would have happened.

Anything else?
Now it's cause and effect? Imagine saying this in court.

Anyway, I don't know you from a bar of soap but my advice to you, don't repay stupidity with stupidity. I'm pretty sure if things had gone very south you had more to lose. I'm out.

Solarion

Honorary Master
One day this taxi driver will irritate the wrong person, someone even more angry and aggressive than he is and there are plenty out there.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Now it's cause and effect? Imagine saying this in court.

Anyway, I don't know you from a bar of soap but my advice to you, don't repay stupidity with stupidity. I'm pretty sure if things had gone very south you had more to lose. I'm out.
images.jpg

Hephaestus

Forging
One day this taxi driver will irritate the wrong person, someone even more angry and aggressive than he is and there are plenty out there.
Hopefully.
Confronted a taxi driver once and had a 9mm shoved in my face.
Will never try that again

Solarion

Honorary Master
Hopefully.
Confronted a taxi driver once and had a 9mm shoved in my face.
Will never try that again
Yeah I've heard this happening several times.

If this was me and my family was in the vehicle I would open fire on the grounds of self-defense. He is forcing my vehicle to stop in front of oncoming traffic thus has become a serious and immediate threat to life.

Hephaestus

Forging
Yeah I've heard this happening several times.

If this was me and my family was in the vehicle I would open fire on the grounds of self-defense. He is forcing my vehicle to stop in front of oncoming traffic thus has become a serious and immediate threat to life.
This is why people generally do not say anything or confront them

Craig

Honorary Master
I don't think you understand what it means to stand your ground, quite clear.
I think it's quite clear what I meant. If everyone stopped giving them the space they demand unjustly then they'll stop thinking it's their right.

Mr Smooth

Order placed for one, now waiting delivery
Hi, care to share what make and model and from where you purchased it from?
Thinking I should invest in one. Looking for one that is clear and provides location, date and timestamp.

Edit - Seen your post further down.