Why you should install an antivirus on your smartphone

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Paid for advert by AV companies. Google already includes a malware scanner since 2012 but not even mentioned here.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Paid for advert by AV companies. Google already includes a malware scanner since 2012 but not even mentioned here.
Because what ever they do is clearly easy to bypass....

There are constantly reports of apps on the playstore that have Malware in them...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
How can google exist and claim to have a malware scanner, when Google itself is the largest piece of malware around?

Secondly, I will gladly instal AV IF I can get rid of all the bloatware on my phone! Between Google and Bloatware, there is no room for anything else.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
How can google exist and claim to have a malware scanner, when Google itself is the largest piece of malware around?

Secondly, I will gladly instal AV IF I can get rid of all the bloatware on my phone! Between Google and Bloatware, there is no room for anything else.
Buy better. My Honor comes with very little bloatware that you can't uninstall.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
If you sideload a lot I would strongly recommend a 3rd-Party malware tool.

Piet Le Roux

First of all because of the way that Google Android operates it is a waste of money to install "antimalware" because the most such apps can do is to slow your device down and issue a warning if it detects any activity : it cannot stop the malware from running or uninstall any apps because android won't allow it to do so. The only way to remove malware is to do a factory reset. It is good Android practice to do this from time to time and Android store makes it very easy to reinstall your apps again. The way to keep your Android device safe is to make sure your device is up to date with firmware/security updates. Google makes these available on a monthly basis but unfortunately cell phone makers and your local service provider are the stumbling blocks that are preventing you from updating your device regularly.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So if I do that, it makes no differences at all, because on my devices, just about all the bloatware cannot be moved out of main memory, and the apps I want to use won't run if installed on the SD card.
And then the Google stuff I want to uninstall won't uninstall anyway. So, it is a complete waste of time to even try and "clean up"
The only real option is to "root" the device.

Nick333

Honorary Master
So it doesn't matter what OS your smartphone is running? Stupid title is stupid.