Why you still get spam calls even though you put your number on the DNC list

Daruk

Honorary Master
IOW don't bother registering since your details will be on yet another DB?

Pythonista

Truecaller can be set to drop the calls without even bothering you. I automatically block calls with hidden numbers too. If you're not prepared to reveal your number, then I don't want to do business with you. Oh - and to companies who do spam AND deal with willing clients (eg insurance, banks etc) - please DON'T use the same number for both - it just leads to frustration on both sides.

Swa

Honorary Master
Only got two call recently. One from the DA and another that's reported as a scammer.

dj2381

Expert Member
One of the android updates at some point has made it possible to block a number which has already called, just hold your finger down on the number and an option to block number will show up, I don't answer random numbers, I google them and add them to the block list if needed, my phone has been very quiet since.

Borrels

I found the Do Not Contact list to be very effective. Not perfect, but I get almost no more spam calls

Daruk

Honorary Master
One of the android updates at some point has made it possible to block a number which has already called, just hold your finger down on the number and an option to block number will show up, I don't answer random numbers, I google them and add them to the block list if needed, my phone has been very quiet since.
Unfortunately you'll potentially block legit callers that way too. Shared numbers via service providers. My bank used the same numbers as a bunch of marketers when they call to alert me to an incoming transfer.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Unfortunately you'll potentially block legit callers that way too. Shared numbers via service providers. My bank used the same numbers as a bunch of marketers when they call to alert me to an incoming transfer.
And they should stop doing that!