Why your Openserve fibre or ADSL line has not been upgraded

Sl8er

Executive Member
Openserve told MyBroadband that it has completed all fibre and ADSL upgrades...
“We have completed the bulk upgrades of all qualifying Openserve Fibre Connect and Openserve Copper Connect services,” Openserve said. “Newly provisioned services are being upgraded on a weekly basis.”
Wait...

Luke7777

Executive Member
^^ difference between "bulk upgrades" and "the bulk of the upgrades" . First one being "qualifying services have been upgraded in bulk" :)

XTM

what a incompetent company. I will cancel telkom

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
My ADSL is going like a Boeing, but bulk upgrades are not very smart when line quality is erratic. I had glitches in video calls, and multiple dropped lines, which never happened at the lower speeds. Back to the old SNR issues again, like the early 2000s...

deesef

I logged a fault because my fibre had not been upgraded. The Telkom tech phoned me this morning and said the he did not see any fault on the line. When I said that the speed has not been bumped up, he said that they are still busy and that it may still take a week or 2.

Crossed lines much?

pouroverguy

My parents are on a 2mbps line but Afrihost told me their number was not on the list of numbers they received from Telkom, that qualified for an upgrade. They're in an area that supports 20mbps VDSL. Just pathetic honestly.

Pirate680401

I recently saw an advert for Fibre via open serve and web africa, @ R399. We applied and after many weeks of back & forth emails, we get told the service provider doesn't have the infrastructure, which will delay our order, our area is fibre ready, with boxes installed, despite not getting our installation, openserve and web africa continue to advertise the same deal, this is very frustrating and false advertising

Sl8er

Executive Member
My parents are on a 2mbps line but Afrihost told me their number was not on the list of numbers they received from Telkom, that qualified for an upgrade. They're in an area that supports 20mbps VDSL. Just pathetic honestly.
I got the same excuse -line stats not good enough to upgrade.
I "insisted" they upgrade me...which they did a couple of days later.
I've been cruising lekke on 10mbps with no issues, since.
Now, I'm not saying this will be the same for your folks...I'm saying that I knew my line could handle it
and if I took their word for it, I'd still be on 4mbps.

dgcarter

Credit where it’s due, I’ve never had any trouble with my openserve fiber in the 3 places I’ve stayed. It’s always been consistent and reliable. But let anything occur which is outside the bounds of normal everyday service and the wheels come off. I’m still waiting, in anticipation.

Wesley15

A number of Openserve customers have complained that their fibre and ADSL connections have not been upgraded as promised.

However, Openserve said its upgrades are completed and customers who did not receive upgrades have fibre or ADSL lines which did not qualify.
I have uncapped LTE with Telkom you get

A number of Openserve customers have complained that their fibre and ADSL connections have not been upgraded as promised.

However, Openserve said its upgrades are completed and customers who did not receive upgrades have fibre or ADSL lines which did not qualify.
I am with Telkom uncapped LTE, you get 52G on 10MBS then 52G on 4MBS then they throt

Wesley15

I have uncalled LTE. You get 52G on 10MBS then 52G on 4MBS then they throttle you on 2MBS for the remainder. If any other service provide have uncapped LTE I would Stop Telkom ASAP.

Worse customer service ever....

"D"

I got the same excuse -line stats not good enough to upgrade.
I "insisted" they upgrade me...which they did a couple of days later.
I've been cruising lekke on 10mbps with no issues, since.
Now, I'm not saying this will be the same for your folks...I'm saying that I knew my line could handle it
and if I took their word for it, I'd still be on 4mbps.
That method works and/or is worth a try, indeed!

Just phone 10210 and then press 1 for fault logging, then press 4 to speak to a consultant.

For additional information: