Wife being held at police station

marco79

Expert Member
There are 2 sides to this story and from what I can see the wife was in the wrong for driving without a license.

The other funny is that the OP is chilling at home while his wife is in a holding cell. He should have dropped the kids at a family member, or gotten someone over ASAP to get to the police station.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
What video evidence?
The one that he will edit and load, when he has time I'm sure, he is now dealing with other things I'd hazard.

Remember, it is not that easy to do or you'd have answered how long it would take you.

marco79

Expert Member
At OP, get your wife home ASAP. Dont leave it to a lawyer who will take your R10k whether your wife gets out or sleeps in a cell.

quovadis

Expert Member
There are 2 sides to this story and from what I can see the wife was in the wrong for driving without a license.

The other funny is that the OP is chilling at home while his wife is in a holding cell. He should have dropped the kids at a family member, or gotten someone over ASAP to get to the police station.
Yeah, he got a lawyer over to the police station ASAP and most likely didn't want to traumatize the kids - totally dodgy. Most lawyers if engaged will instruct you to remain calm and let them handle it.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Yeah, traffic cops, well known for always using the correct words in every situation and speaking perfectly?

And where is this evidence of chilling at home?

quovadis

Expert Member
What video evidence?
I know this is a stretch for you but a police officer berating a motorist for not having a license and having an issue taking photos and trying to wrestle the phone away (as seen in the video) even without context is not SOP. Escalating that to an arrest especially in light of protest to an arrest will not stand. I'm sure your good lawyer will tell you the same.

quovadis

Expert Member
This may be a bit of a stretch for you as well - the question is, is that a legitimate source, and even if so, what is the context.
Please kindly provide this entire interaction to your lawyer and ask if the preponderance of the evidence supports more likely my argument vs yours and if the context matters in terms of the police's conduct at a minimum requires disciplinary intervention and if it was the basis for the arrest at maximum an illegal arrest.

bratwurst

Expert Member
The cop says she's driving without a license. That's not the same as driving with an expired license.
Some don't know the difference. I've experienced this myself.

He was most probably not chilling. Do you have kids?

Sollie

Executive Member
Why have you been pulled over so many times? Known drug courier? :p
Comes with the territory. No less that two ladies in the news as well in the area recently and discussed here on myBB. As for the rest, it's above your pay grade.

Since we're asking questions, why do you have such a good lawyer? Reneging on a contracts (published here on MyBB)? I really hope you do support the OP if this turns out to be real and you don't disappear into the ether.

Seriously: I find it classless to taunt somebody asking for help here on the forums, making fun of him where he asked for help. Being a SJW vs an anti-bleeding heart is one thing, being a cnut of note is taking it to another level.
The downfall of society is that complete numptys get to express ludicrous opinions.
If I was religious, this is where I would say "Exactly brother, exactly. Amen".

For the general members:
Quite a few peeps have come in on myBB asking for help over teh years, taunted and slated - good peeps who needed real help. In one case I asked the mods to lock the thread... they can vouch for it. It's okay to be suspicious, but don't be that guy!

Dave

Honorary Master
Quite a few peeps have come in on myBB asking for help over teh years, taunted and slated - good peeps who needed real help. In one case I asked the mods to lock the thread... they can vouch for it. It's okay to be suspicious, but don't be that guy!
Looks like thats happened here, a lot of the troll posts by Splinter are gone.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I see all comments with me calling out Splinter for his behaviour (being a dick) were deleted.

quovadis

Expert Member
Lord so it was worse that what I just read through to catch up?
[removed] - Pity there’s not even a google cache - I feel the censorship has only benefited him unless he’s received a ban or infraction. I vote temp ban lol

Last edited by a moderator:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
And with that I'll be closing this thread.

If the OP wishes it open at a later stage he can drop me a PM.

KantSnyer

Okay so an update, wife was released on bail at 12 last night will be going to court tomorrow.

Have been advised not to send the video out as yet so the one posted earlier in the thread has been deleted, looks like a bit of a sh!tstorm brewing for the officers involved.

Thanks again to those that provided advice. :thumbsup: