Wife being held at police station

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Glad you got her out dude...

And yeah, keep the video to yourself for the moment. Present it in court, and once that is done then release it if you see fit (don't care about anyone who is demanding it, the event is personal to you so the decision to release it is yours and your wifes).

R13...

Honorary Master
Okay so an update, wife was released on bail at 12 last night will be going to court tomorrow.

Have been advised not to send the video out as yet so the one posted earlier in the thread has been deleted, looks like a bit of a sh!tstorm brewing for the officers involved.

Thanks again to those that provided advice.
Did they say what the charge is?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Okay so an update, wife was released on bail at 12 last night will be going to court tomorrow.

Have been advised not to send the video out as yet so the one posted earlier in the thread has been deleted, looks like a bit of a sh!tstorm brewing for the officers involved.

Thanks again to those that provided advice. :thumbsup:
Understandable, though Splinter will just see something else.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You will find IPID is somewhat useless. Full mailboxes, people not answering the phones etc.

A colleague gave up on the "reasonable route" wanting to know why a person with an arrest record as long as my (long) arm which includes theft, robbery, kidnapping etc ended up doing a vehicle search pretending to be a cop with real cops, the station commander disinterested, IPID unreachable ... - he ended up getting a lawyer and a case against the Minister of Police.

Not cheap though. Logical answers and solutions are in short supply when it comes to abuse of power, while justice is friggin expensive.

Then people still say we're living in a civilized country?
Bit late on this reply, but I know that in general IPID is useless, but you have to follow procedure before you jump on the legal bandwagon and sue the Minister of Police...

Last edited:

berrypi

read this entire thread... and have to say, some of the posters here are complete Douche bags. Someone comes, asking for help and then some go off on a tangent?!
Gosh, keyboard warriors at its best! Everyone has doubt and speculation? the fact that those posters are still allowed on this forum also says allot about the admin.

All against censorship, but there is being "light hearted" and there is being a "douche".

When this entire experience could have been assisted and used as a mechanism to help potential issues we all could face (yes, i was asked by a officer to pay for her cooldrink, and said "i have no cash on me, but follow me to the bank and i will pay" ... ended up in a "dont do that again" - when there was nothing that was done).

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
This thread - roller-coaster of note.
OP - glad the wife is back. Definitely take the case against the arresting officers further. Your wife is 100% within her rights to film in a public space, especially considering how dangerous SA is with fake cops - one never knows.

Wrongful arrests carry a hefty civil penalty for those implicated so please update us on the progress - here's hoping you have a competent lawyer.

Lastly, you claimed that (one?) the officers alleged she used the K-word against them?
Surely false claims of racism in this day and age, also carry a hefty penalty? Ask your lawyer to follow up if that is the case. This BS of people playing the false racism card when things aren't going their way should be met with extreme penalties.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
This thread - roller-coaster of note.
OP - glad the wife is back. Definitely take the case against the arresting officers further. Your wife is 100% within her rights to film in a public space, especially considering how dangerous SA is with fake cops - one never knows.

Wrongful arrests carry a hefty civil penalty for those implicated so please update us on the progress - here's hoping you have a competent lawyer.

Lastly, you claimed that (one?) the officers alleged she used the K-word against them?
Surely false claims of racism in this day and age, also carry a hefty penalty? Ask your lawyer to follow up if that is the case. This BS of people playing the false racism card when things aren't going their way should be met with extreme penalties.
There is no such legislation.

static_sa

Expert Member
My license has been expired for almost a year. I've gotten 2 fines for this since then. The officers didn't seem too phased.

*edit*

Yes, I know, I must get it renewed.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Needs to be a filter on mybroadband to filter out opinions so only OPs posts are visible, 12 pages of mostly **** to filter through.

Goodluck OP, glad I'm not in the same situation.
Filter would be good but then you won't get to know what people are like. I learnt a lot reading this thread.
Glad your wife is home OP.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
My license has been expired for almost a year. I've gotten 2 fines for this since then. The officers didn't seem too phased.

*edit*

Yes, I know, I must get it renewed.
you could have some issues with your insurance if something were to happen...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
It will probably fall into the same category as laying a false charge ( of any sort ).
Very much so...

And, in my opinion, a police officer laying a false crimen injuria charge should have a very hefty penalty for the cop.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
you could have some issues with your insurance if something were to happen...
As far as I know, nope... I seem to remember there were Ombudsman cases that have dealt with this where an expired license card is not grounds to repudiate a claim.