Wifi hot-spot

Monka

Good day,

I have a client with a student accommodation and he has a access points installed across the whole building and he would like to create a wifi hot-spot where by students must have login details to connect to the wifi and have FUP.

He has a 20meg multimode with wirulink, Mikrotik Routerboard and mikrotik access points

rh1

Expert Member
Client paying you, you ask forum? Not understanding? Is he not payong you to resolve this?

WAslayer

Executive Member
Client paying you, you ask forum? Not understanding? Is he not payong you to resolve this?
Are you expecting OP to pay you now for providing suggestions..??

When you are asked to do something at work and you don't know a specific thing to get it accomplished, do you not do research of some kind..?? Or do you simply say, no I can't do it, I don't know how..??

Get off your high horse please...

powermzii

Expert Member
Good day,

I have a client with a student accommodation and he has a access points installed across the whole building and he would like to create a wifi hot-spot where by students must have login details to connect to the wifi and have FUP.

He has a 20meg multimode with wirulink, Mikrotik Routerboard and mikrotik access points

Mikrotik routers have the ability to create a hotspot and with the associated queues etc you can limit the per-user bandwidth.

rh1

Expert Member

When you are asked to do something at work and you don't know a specific thing to get it accomplished, do you not do research of some kind..?? Or do you simply say, no I can't do it, I don't know how..??

Unfortunately, in my field, I am required to tell the client, I am not able to assist.

rh1

Expert Member

If there was an area where he ran into a problem, then only come ask for assistance, fine, but here it seems he asking how to do the entire job, or at least this is how it is coming across.