Wifi Router for the average home

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yes, assuming you're referring to 'enabling' as initiating the push button connection session. But in a list of SSIDs it still shows up as WPS Enabled, whereas my mikrotik or tp-link with the WPS toggle disabled does not have it read or broadcast as enabled. Unless I am missing something, I cannot find anything that explicitly turns it off. Regardless of who might be pushing a button or bypassing. The function to turn it off does not exist on my device.

As I explained though don’t confuse this with the old PIN based WPS.

It’s not the same and not the security concern you think it is.

The pin was a security issue because it used a 4-digit pin in two parts making it stupidly easy to brute force.

And maybe you have some ancient firmware or something because mine doesn’t do anything without pushing the button.

Crowley

Executive Member
802.11AC is old news; 802.11AX is the current standard

However it is important that your router’s 2.4Ghz 802.11n mode is excellent, because that is what your wireless devices will fall back to, especially over longer distances
Even though 802.11AX is the new standard, I think they were talking about the MikroTik hAP ac2.

I would suggest a Dream machine but that might be slightly overkill and way out of budget.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Even though 802.11AX is the new standard, I think they were talking about the MikroTik hAP ac2.

I would suggest a Dream machine but that might be slightly overkill and way out of budget.

And sadly also doesn’t do WiFi6 so it’s a bit behind the times in that regard.

I do love it though.

That internal power supply is stupid and fragile though.