WikiLeaks founder fights Swedish claims with star lawyer

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I thought they withdrew the charges? What is going on now? Anyway... this guy Assange strikes me as a real cowboy renegade type. Not exactly the kind of model citizen I want to be trusting with the world's secrets.

PeterCH

Honorary Master
I thought they withdrew the charges? What is going on now? Anyway... this guy Assange strikes me as a real cowboy renegade type. Not exactly the kind of model citizen I want to be trusting with the world's secrets.

The rape but not the molestation charges were pulled. If Assange wants openness from everyone else, he'd better be an angel himself or all his dirty secrets will be revealed.

Anzo_the O.N.E.

I dont trust the Americans, they are very good when it comes to smear campaigns and spin. Look at how they lured the other countries into going to war with Afghanistan and Iraq.....

smokey

Honorary Master
The rape but not the molestation charges were pulled. If Assange wants openness from everyone else, he'd better be an angel himself or all his dirty secrets will be revealed.

Why would he need to be an angel for his website to provide factual information? If someone intended to use ingo published on the wikileaks site, would they really care about Assange's morality? :rolleyes:

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Why would he need to be an angel for his website to provide factual information? If someone intended to use ingo published on the wikileaks site, would they really care about Assange's morality? :rolleyes:

Many people would. If the guy is an opportunist and does things for cash or for narcissistic reasons, then they'd have reason not to trust his site. He could be putting anything there, I'll grab photoshop and make you a nice CIA document right now - with Bin Ladin in Langley, behind bars back in 2002. CIA could say it's fake - would any1 trust them?

Secondly, if his secrets were revealed (if he had any) he could be prosecuted for them (if they're illegal).

PeterCH

Honorary Master
I dont trust the Americans, they are very good when it comes to smear campaigns and spin. Look at how they lured the other countries into going to war with Afghanistan and Iraq.....

Can you trust any government? American govt is not perfect but they're better than most. Look at Sweden - WW2 they are neutral and many volunteers joined up with the SS - vs America who actually got off their butts and liberated Western Europe. They have oil - they could have sold oil for less and so allowed less funding for terrorism too. Look at Switzerland - they even shot at Allied planes despite being 'neutral' but never dared fire on Luftwaffe craft. They also hoarded Jewish gold and did not want to give any of it back. Now they profit off US tax evaders. They try to suck up to America by arresting Polanski.

Nord Stream AG boss Gerhard Schroder - he was the previous German chancellor. He cuts an anti-EU deal with Russia over pipelines and later ends up being the Managing Director of Nord Stream AG.

Last edited:

LazyLion

King of de Jungle

It's about trust. If someone is going to be "spilling the beans" on a regular basis... he better be a trust worthy character. Or nobody is going to believe his claims and documents.

PeterCH

Honorary Master
It's about trust. If someone is going to be "spilling the beans" on a regular basis... he better be a trust worthy character. Or nobody is going to believe his claims and documents.

Also if the guy is dirty he may be targeted for blackmail. Who's to say what he publishes then? Would he betray informants?

Palimino

Expert Member
The rape but not the molestation charges were pulled.

I can just imagine the thought processes of this low-life.

“Lessee, keeping out of the clutches of the only superpower this weekend is boring. I know! I will go and molest a young girl.”

It is incisive and brilliant deduction like that which earns medals. Someone is due for a promotion!

PeterCH

Honorary Master
I can just imagine the thought processes of this low-life.

“Lessee, keeping out of the clutches of the only superpower this weekend is boring. I know! I will go and molest a young girl.”

It is incisive and brilliant deduction like that which earns medals. Someone is due for a promotion!

Was it a young girl? Molestation could imply any age.

Valis

Expert Member
vs America who actually got off their butts and liberated Western Europe.

Hahahahahahaha! Um, no. The Russian Army liberated Western Europe. I know the Americans like to pretend they single-handedly won the war, but reality shows otherwise. You should really stop watching John Wayne movies as if they're documentaries :p

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Hahahahahahaha! Um, no. The Russian Army liberated Western Europe. I know the Americans like to pretend they single-handedly won the war, but reality shows otherwise. You should really stop watching John Wayne movies as if they're documentaries :p

LOL... I think you would find if you checked 100% of History books on the subject that it was the Allies lead primarily by the USA who liberated WESTERN Europe.

The Russians liberated EASTERN Europe. :D

You might want to read more books on Geography... or the second World War.

UnUnOctium

Expert Member

That's the great thing about him, he doesn't ask you to trust him with secrets, he makes them open to the public. Government should serve the people, not the other way around.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Confusion

The Russians [-]liberated[/-] ENSLAVED EASTERN Europe. :(

You might want to read more books on Geography... or the second World War.

Fixed

The Allies could easily have gone all the way to Berlin -- but were stopped by the agreements at YALTA

Blame the American president for that -- FDR ( closet commie ) died before the end of WWII.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Fixed

The Allies could easily have gone all the way to Berlin -- but were stopped by the agreements at YALTA

Blame the American president for that -- FDR ( closet commie ) died before the end of WWII.

They had to liberate it from the Germans before they could enslave it... no? :D