Will lockdown be over in time for Christmas?

Will lockdown be over for Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • No

Votes: 244 94.2%

• Total voters

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Who GAF about Krismis??

What about the curfew on New Years Eve? Must everybody leave my house by 11pm...so we all can be alone by 12?

This is my last NY in SA so this one I actually do care about.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I'm an old man....reaching 12 is only possible if my party starts at 9pm. But I cannot start at 11pm as by then I am already sleepy.
End curfew.

They're running ironman here tomorrow. I expect Cele will be there handing out fines at the finish line when the midnight cutoff happens.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I doubt it. The ANC at their heart is a communist organization. Central command is paramount for communist dictatorship. They have it now, they won't let go.

Globally I think governments should never be allowed such sheer and utter power over people's lives. Lockdowns should never be implemented.

Andrew001

The one that forces me to be home by midnight.

The one that forces me to wear a mask wherever I go.

The one that dictates when I can buy booze.

The one that bans cigarettes on a whim.

You’re so used to your freedoms being restricted you don’t notice it anymore.?
The interesting part is these are probably good things in general that most people need. Especially in SA with low level education and high alcohol and crime.
I talk more about the cigarette and alcohol.
Aldo early night never really hurt anyone

Andrew001

I doubt it. The ANC at their heart is a communist organization. Central command is paramount for communist dictatorship. They have it now, they won't let go.

Globally I think governments should never be allowed such sheer and utter power over people's lives. Lockdowns should never be implemented.
Do you honestly believe governments were not trying to do their best to stop the pandemic?

Andrew001

That is true. I'm very much over going to the local and doing multiple shops in one go only to have to spray that cheap **** on my hands at least 5 times.

The masks irritate me as well. In Centurion it seems like wearing a mask covering both the nose and mouth is optional. Very few people give a ****.
You poor thing, how do you cope?

PoppieChoffel

Honorary Master
Who GAF about Krismis??

What about the curfew on New Years Eve? Must everybody leave my house by 11pm...so we all can be alone by 12?

This is my last NY in SA so this one I actually do care about.

Just have everyone stay over?

PaulMurkin

Expert Member

Unfortunately they've now tested it, tried it and they (governments) now have a new tool to control the masses. They won't let that one go, not without a fight anyway.

RyanPCMR

Expert Member
No it's not really a lockdown at this stage anymore but rather the "state of disaster" that was declared and will persist for some time still.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Do you honestly believe governments were not trying to do their best to stop the pandemic?
Look, I would still understand that kind of naiveness back in March/April of 2020 - but at this stage if you still think this is a pandemic you are living under a rock.

Let's look at the numbers :
South Africa, population 62,000,000 had only 89,562 deaths = 0.144%
Globally, population 7,907,000,000 had only 5,130,000 deaths = 0.064%

By now everyone can see this is nowhere near as fatal as anticipated. In fact, we should never again in the future of the human race overreact to this degree. If/when the next pandemic hits there should be a threshold it should cross before such ultimately blunt instruments such as lockdown is even considered. I'm talking reasonable threshold such as it wiping out 10% of a population. But certainly not the numbers we are seeing from china lab flu.

borro

Expert Member
Look, I would still understand that kind of naiveness back in March/April of 2020 - but at this stage if you still think this is a pandemic you are living under a rock.

Let's look at the numbers :
South Africa, population 62,000,000 had only 89,562 deaths = 0.144%
Globally, population 7,907,000,000 had only 5,130,000 deaths = 0.064%

By now everyone can see this is nowhere near as fatal as anticipated. In fact, we should never again in the future of the human race overreact to this degree. If/when the next pandemic hits there should be a threshold it should cross before such ultimately blunt instruments such as lockdown is even considered. I'm talking reasonable threshold such as it wiping out 10% of a population. But certainly not the numbers we are seeing from china lab flu.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I am fully vaccinated - but this over zealous push for vaccines is causing far more people to become anti-vaxxers.

Again - it is all about the numbers. With a global death rate of 0.064% any sane person will wonder "why this massive push for a vaccine?" what then follows is conspiracies and boom - we have a whole new wave of anti-vaxxers.

Each and every step governments take with regards to china lab flu has the opposite effect as to what they intended to achieve.