Votes: 211 57.5%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.4%

• Total voters

Paulsie

Expert Member
Not if I can help it.

A/ do not want to lose my luggage
B/ do not want to lose my money for a cancelation due to another business rescue

surface

Honorary Master
It had an 80%+ seat loading. It was closed to benefit Jet Airways with whom the Guptas were affiliated.
I knew this but never figured out how they benefitted from it. Jet + SAA had collaboration so if guptas were affiliated to Jet, how would they benefit from discontinuing route? Was there other route which Jet got because of this? Did they get benefits to close the route by competitors? etc..

The Door

Honorary Master
I love the way people think this is a simple "i will not do it because i'm part of cancel culture due to the history of the airline mis-management" point.

If its an airline, it works, and services business and retail it should be used, and will be used.
If you've ever lived in a city where SAA and ACSA have guarded SAAs monopoly you would understand. I will avoid SAA like I did Telkom fixed line.

JAY-01

Yes , if it's still safe , easier and affordable with great services. Then why not? I remember flying with SAA 18 years ago for a primary school netball tour (with the rest of our winter sports school's teams) And it was the best flight I ever experienced (compared to Kulula and mango flights- total discomfort right through their flights).

Grant

Honorary Master
Yes

I've done a massive amount of air travel.
Always found the aircraft to be in very good condition and service good.

Grant

Honorary Master
No

Not a hell will I support a corrupt entity.

The way they treated their ex-staff and tried to scapegoat the pilots was despicable.

It seems established labor laws are only applied when convenient to government
Good luck cooking your dinner on a fire tonight - and every day forward.

koeks525

Executive Member
If the new SAA's ticket pricing is competitive, I would honestly hop on it. I never believed SAA was a bad airline - I believed it was a poorly managed airline. As long as they dont have the Boeing 737 MAX-8 in their fleet, come take my money :ROFL:.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
I may be wrong, if so correct me.

If an aeroplane is unused for a long time, does it need a full maintenance check to ensure everything is OK before it can fly again?
Pilots (and crew) not getting paid for a while, surely they need to be paid in full before they will fly aeroplanes again, SAA just can't employ other pilots?
Also, pilots will need to have a refresher course in a flight simulator for type before being allowed back at the controls of any plane of type?
What guarantees do SAA have to ensure people won't lose their money on bookings if they go TITSUP again?

Tman543

Why are they still wasting taxpayer money on this corrupt entity when there are better alternatives? Jeez, are we not tired throwing money down the drain in this country.