Will you install the COVID Alert SA app?

COVID Alert SA app on your phone?

• Yes - I have, or will, install the app

Votes: 157 28.2%
  • No - not a chance

Votes: 340 61.2%
  • Undecided at this time

Votes: 59 10.6%

• Total voters

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Had it on phone since launch.

As far as I know it’s using the Google/Apple protocol.

You are likely already trusting your data to one of them or both so really should make no difference in your life.

genetic

Honorary Master
Had it on phone since launch.

As far as I know it’s using the Google/Apple protocol.

You are likely already trusting your data to one of them or both so really should make no difference in your life.
+1

It runs on the Google/Apple Exposure framework, which is where your data is going. There is little local government interference.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never,

Never,

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Do you plan on installing the COVID Alert SA app on your smartphone to curb the spread of COVID-19? Do you trust the government’s promises that it is entirely anonymous and doesn’t store any of your personal information? Is it a worthwhile endeavour in your mind or has it come too late?
The govt (not the MAC) has shown that it is completely and utterly untrustworthy so NO you can't believe a damn thing they say.

schumi

Honorary Master
I installed it, it's open to abuse so would not put much reliance of it on health but it's interesting. Not worried about anyone tracking me as the I let Google and Apple do it daily really doubt any one cares to watch me wondering around aimlessly

genetic

Honorary Master
I installed it, it's open to abuse so would not put much reliance of it on health but it's interesting. Not worried about anyone tracking me as the I let Google and Apple do it daily really doubt any one cares to watch me wondering around aimlessly
Shyte, you're actually human and not a bot?

s/ Never seen you post anything other than news and current affairs articles. :p

Chaossa

Do you plan on installing the COVID Alert SA app on your smartphone to curb the spread of COVID-19? Do you trust the government’s promises that it is entirely anonymous and doesn’t store any of your personal information? Is it a worthwhile endeavour in your mind or has it come too late?
If you trust the SA gov then you need help that this forum cant give. There are to many permissions that that app asks for the are COMPLETELY unnecessary!