Will you live in a tiny-house?

• What is a tiny-house?

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • I prefer as big as possible.

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • I have too much stuff, it will never work.

Votes: 40 22.1%
  • No, I am not a hamster.

Votes: 46 25.4%
  • I would love to downsize and live in a tiny-house

Votes: 64 35.4%
  • Other, share in comments

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters

Gozado

Caravan was bought 4th hand a couple weeks ago. The slab and zinc was completed last week.
Now that looks - unlike many of the videos shown as so-called tiny, but are not - really tiny.

Could you please tell us more about it? For example:
Does the person who lives in that caravan have a compost toilet... or what other?
Do they have electricity?
Do they have access to sharing facilities (for co-use or for storage) in "the big house" on the property?
Will they have an awning for expanding their use of outside space?

Farmerj

I can tell you alot more about it, I been friendly with the owner since he got here. He bought the land for R150k and built an off the grid 2 bedroom Nutec board home with zinc roof for about R150k. The only toilet in the house has a septic tank. The caravan was only setup last week so still early days.

Does the person who lives in that caravan have a compost toilet... or what other? The brothers share the shower and toilet in the main house. Composting toilet is a solution.
Do they have electricity? They use 100% solar for everything. Cost R60k to install to run tv's, fridges, lights and a pump.
Do they have access to sharing facilities (for co-use or for storage) in "the big house" on the property? Yes. Although the caravan has built in cupboards,frigde and stove. They share the kitchen inside.
Will they have an awning for expanding their use of outside space? Exactly what they are doing in the near future.

Last edited:

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
I have two options to make this work.
1-Here in SA, yes if I have a huge garage with it on a small holdig.
2-At the Cerro Gordo gost town USA with insulated roof and sides, water is 700 feet deep and theres a hotel coming again.

RedViking

Nord of the South
In what sense?
It is such a small and cramped little space, not even optimized for "tiny house" living. It speaks almost of poverty and desperation and having no choice in where you live and trying to create a little green space or life in a concrete jungle, hanging on by a thread. It is probably not, but you wanted to know why I feel sad when watching it. Reminds me of the days we used to live in a garage.

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
It is such a small and cramped little space, not even optimized for "tiny house" living. It speaks almost of poverty and desperation and having no choice in where you live and trying to create a little green space or life in a concrete jungle, hanging on by a thread. It is probably not, but you wanted to know why I feel sad when watching it. Reminds me of the days we used to live in a garage.
Wanted to watch it again before replying and then forgot until now. I agree. My fixation and what I enjoyed was the upstairs space, stairway, tree and how it let the open air in. The house as a whole is very poor use of space.