Will you take the Covid vaccine?

Will you take the Covid vaccine?

• Total voters

JohnStarr

Expert Member
my wife and i had it, both asymptomatic.

my father had covid pneumonia though and was in the hospital for 3 weeks
Yep, results vary. A cousin had it so bad she nearly ended up in hospital. 5 days later she was back at work. A friend and his son had it with no effects.
My sister-in-law and her family had it and has lingering effects.
Someone else my father-in-law had it and was dead inside 5 days. Results, literally, vary! But it's not something you want to take a chance with.

Grant

Honorary Master
This is the best way to roll out a vaccine.
Our governments plan t o spread the vaccines across the country as an ever increasing thin layer is doomed to fail.
The virus WILL react to the vaccine, mutate and still spread.
The better plan will be to hit an area hard and fast, get as close a possible to 100% vaccinated and move on.
From what I have read, you could not construct a better plan to ensure herd immunity will not be attained ever than this stupid roll out strategy our idiots have come up with.
The manufacturers are going to pushed to the edge trying to keep up with mutations and the effectiveness of the vaccines is going drop very very fast.
I hadn't really thought of that.
You're probably correct.

My concern has been that of a generally incompetent and corrupt govt handling acquisition and distribution - the current state of the dept of health should serve as a good barometer.

Hopefully the clever ppl out there come up with alternatives to a vaccine, alternatives that are proven to be effective for the task at hand, have minimal side effects, and are more user friendly than a vaccine in terms of storage and distribution.

The Darkness

Expert Member
This is the best way to roll out a vaccine.
Our governments plan t o spread the vaccines across the country as an ever increasing thin layer is doomed to fail.
The virus WILL react to the vaccine, mutate and still spread.
The better plan will be to hit an area hard and fast, get as close a possible to 100% vaccinated and move on.
From what I have read, you could not construct a better plan to ensure herd immunity will not be attained ever than this stupid roll out strategy our idiots have come up with.
The manufacturers are going to pushed to the edge trying to keep up with mutations and the effectiveness of the vaccines is going drop very very fast.
^ Correct. We're in it for the long haul. People need to stop thinking things will go back to 2019. It's over, for a long time. People need to very quickly adapt to this, and find alternate way to push forward.

access

Honorary Master
Indeed
Let all refuse vaccination and put the prospect of herd immunity further out of reach.

Roll on more retrenchments, closure of business, freedom further eroded thanks to extended lockdowns

why do you need to go overboard. like these poeple that cry tinfoilery and start frothing when you question things.

how do you think vaccination rollout will go with the current inept running the circus, then theres talk of involving bee in it as well. just look at that premiers daughter thing, the guy ending up saying he "also wants to be involved in this vaccine rollout thing" or something along those lines. as if its transporting school text books....

high risk people definitely need the anti bodies without contracting the disease

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
After last night's announcement, given my personal risk profile to flu like vaccines, and knowing it will only be 22% effective, the answer is a resounding NO.
The benefit to risk ratio is now so small that here is no point at all.

Grant

Honorary Master
why do you need to go overboard. like these poeple that cry tinfoilery and start frothing when you question things.

how do you think vaccination rollout will go with the current inept running the circus, then theres talk of involving bee in it as well. just look at that premiers daughter thing, the guy ending up saying he "also wants to be involved in this vaccine rollout thing" or something along those lines. as if its transporting school text books....

high risk people definitely need the anti bodies without contracting the disease
See post #324 above

Grant

Honorary Master
After last night's announcement, given my personal risk profile to flu like vaccines, and knowing it will only be 22% effective, the answer is a resounding NO.
The benefit to risk ratio is now so small that here is no point at all.
You realise there are a few more vaccines out there, don't you?

zolly

Expert Member
if you have never found or experienced incorrect or detrimental opinion, or studies, from experts/professionals you live a very strange life.

i like that social pressure you are exerting on taking vaccine btw. exactly as i thought this would play out eventually.

That's why you have this thing called "second opinions".

I'm all for not taking the vaccine if you have a valid reason (such as being concerned it will give you cancer in 50 years, even if you have other habits that will do the same thing). If you're just being an idiot or a conspiracy theorist, that's not a good reason. Call that social pressure if you will.

Grant

Honorary Master
Out where? This is all we got, unless you got a boy that knows someone?
I'm not sure if you are being obtuse, or just stupid. I suspect obtuse.

But to help you along, my comment you quoted, was in response to post #330 above.
Post #330 made reference to a very specific vaccine.

So no, the AstraZeneca vaccine is not the only one out there.