Will you volunteer for a COVID-19 vaccine trial?

Will you volunteer for a COVID-19 vaccine trial?

• Yes

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • No

Votes: 63 68.5%

• Total voters

rustypup

Expert Member
I trust the pharmaceutical industry to be about as ethical as Juju's accountant.
Not sure I follow this logic?

Your risks are:
i) You're selected for placebo - no change
ii) You're exposed to denatured virus or protein markers for a family of viruses you've already been exposed to, multiple times.

Unless you're a 70yr old asthmatic or someone in the risk cohorts.... in which case you shouldn't be in the trial in any case...

LOTR

Errr - Nope!
I have more important things to do with my time.

rustypup

Expert Member
Look, if you don't understand what cutting corners to rush a drug to human trial phase means then I can't help you any further.
So you're not willing to share the insider info on what the risks are?

Your extraordinary declarations of risk *must* be backed by something other than feelings... right?

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
As far as medical trials go, this should be the safest one ever.
Millions of people have been getting corona virus and rhino virus vaccines for years now. These trials will probably only be used to determine if it actually prevents (or reduces your chances of) catching the virus anyway.

I wouldn't mind getting it, but I doubt I fall in the target demographic.
"So... you don't leave the house at all, except for shopping on Sundays just before closing time? What exactly do you want to vaccinated against?"

rustypup

Expert Member
My opinion can be based on the direction my dog faces when she shits in the morning.
So admittedly based on nothing more informed, or contextually relevant, than your dog's bowel movements... yet this is how you choose to go through life.. .terrified of things you couldn't be bothered to spend the effort to understand...

...and this is somehow, to your mind, a rational life choice?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
So admittedly based on nothing more informed, or contextually relevant, than your dog's bowel movements... yet this is how you choose to go through life.. .terrified of things you couldn't be bothered to spend the effort to understand...

...and this is somehow, to your mind, a rational life choice?
Where do you come up with terrified? Do you really take what I said about the dog being the literal way I live and make decisions? Are you a millenial?

Neuk_

Expert Member
My girlfriend is pregnant and has an autoimmune disease so it's a no from me.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Whatever makes you "feel" safer I suppose but I'm not the one who straight up admitted that they let their irrational fears do their thinking for them.
I said I don't trust the ethics of big pharma in total, and wouldn't be surprised if corners in procedure weren't cut in getting this vaccine to this point so quickly.

If you read that as some sort of pseudo-pc crap, then go right ahead.

By the way, you "feel safer" comment is misplaced and not timed well. You can do better.

mister

Executive Member
I assumed that of all the flu vaccines we've gotten, some must have been for the coronavirus family.
No, flu is caused by the influenza virus which is a different family. Interestingly there have been a couple studies showing increased susceptibility to other non-influenza respiratory viruses after flu vaccines.

Craig

Honorary Master
No. Considering how far they shoved that swab down my nostrils last week that's a big no. Not doing this crap voluntarily.