William Shatner (Captain Kirk) rockets to space with Blue Origin

Brian_G

Executive Member

Blue Origin plans to make its second crewed flight ever on Wednesday, this time carrying the alter ego of one of the most iconic space travelers ever.
The first flight of a New Shepard rocket with humans aboard launched July 20 and carried company founder and mega-rich guy Jeff Bezos, his brother Mark, aviation pioneer Wally Funk and student Oliver Daemen on a quick trip to space. This time around the headline passenger is William Shatner, the 90-year-old veteran actor best known for playing James T. Kirk, captain of the Starship Enterprise in the Star Trek universe.

About time :p:cool:

Brian_G

Executive Member
"I've heard about space for a long time now," Shatner said cheekily in a statement last week. "I'm taking the opportunity to see it for myself. What a miracle."
The mission, dubbed NS18, is set to liftoff at 6:30 a.m. PT (8:30 a.m. CT) Wednesday, Oct. 13...

The Trutherizer

Executive Member
Oh gawd. Much as I am a fan of Shatner's Kirk, he's a bit of an ahole.
Zero sense of humour. And takes himself too seriously.
I fully expect a drama extravaganza - With some cheesy Scotty, Bones and Spock references.
Also he will probably wear a tight golden uniform. I shudder.

Pegasus

Executive Member
Oh gawd. Much as I am a fan of Shatner's Kirk, he's a bit of an ahole.
Zero sense of humour. And takes himself too seriously.
I fully expect a drama extravaganza - With some cheesy Scotty, Bones and Spock references.
Also he will probably wear a tight golden uniform. I shudder.
Nope, that would be you with no humour.

Brian_G

Executive Member
So that is why he looks younger than 90.
They all went back in time everyday they flew to the moon 40 years ago to shoot those star trek movies.
Nah, it was caused when they went far back in time to save the whales in one of the older ST movies.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
With Blue Origin, they are going into "space", if its anything like the last flight, they just going to dip the tip in.

Arthur

Honorary Master
With Blue Origin, they are going into "space", if its anything like the last flight, they just going to dip the tip in.
Yup. Just over the Von Kármán line. Approx altitude where aerodynamic lift is less than inertia required to keep the vehicle aloft.

Last edited: