Win 10 Pro - all updates stuck on pending download??

airborne

Executive Member
For the last few weeks on my Win 10 Pro laptop all updates incl in the app store are stuck on pending downloads. It'll still see new updates but when you click download it immediately goes to pending.

Anyone have any fix for this?

Seems reasonably widespread from the number of hits I got.

I've run the windows update troubleshooter, finds issues and "fixes" the problem but still pending, tried many tricks I found googling, restarting and resetting windows components, restarting the pc many times etc etc but all in vain.

Not that I really care for Windows updates but after a few weeks of the issue it's triggering my ocd...

Last edited:

rodga

Executive Member
Had the same problem, in the end I think I did manual download and install. Seems to be working fine now.

airborne

Executive Member
Have at anypoint clicked restart?
Read the op?
You deleted the files under C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download?
Thanks, I'll give that a try
Had the same problem, in the end I think I did manual download and install. Seems to be working fine now.
You mean manually downloading the individual kb update files for all pending updates?

I tried a few incl a 850mb one and they installed fine, I was hoping that would reset something but back to the same with the rest of the updates.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Using second-hand harddrives on this computer?

Asking as you have acquired a bunch of losely packed hard drives very recently.

RedViking

Honorary Master
Wasn't there article recently that many are experiencing the same problem. Maybe it is obvious, but just do a Google.

airborne

Executive Member
Using second-hand harddrives on this computer?
Asking as you have acquired a bunch of losely packed hard drives very recently.
Nooit! Those drives were a little suspect, not fit for consumption, the drive in this machine is M.2 SSD and there's plenty of free space so no update issues in that respect.
Wasn't there article recently that many are experiencing the same problem. Maybe it is obvious, but just do a Google.
On Mybb?
I got a fair amount of hits from Google and was expecting an easy fix, do this do that and done but nothing I've tried has worked so far.

RedViking

Honorary Master

airborne

Executive Member

RedViking

Honorary Master
No unfortunately that's not my issue, my computer can speak to Ms and newer updates see to also get listed but when I try downloading them and old undownloaded updates they immediately get stuck on "pending download", same is also happening in the Microsoft app store with new installs and updates.
I had something similar in Windows 7. I had to go delete the temp folder and some other windows updater file.