Win awesome Seagate drives – Enter now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pietav

MyBroadband has partnered with Seagate and Pinnacle to offer forum members the opportunity to win Seagate storage devices.

Seagate is a market leader in this industry and offers a range of products such as SSDs, HDDs, and expansion cards.

The following prizes are up for grabs:

• 1 x Seagate Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X or S
• 1 x Seagate Expansion SSD 1TB
• 1 x Seagate One Touch HDD 4TB Silver – New

To enter this competition, you must do the following:
  1. Read the following three articles: Article 1, Article 2 and Article 3.
  2. Name one feature of the storage device mentioned in each article that you would find beneficial and tell us why very briefly.
  3. Three entries per member (one for each article).
The competition will end on Sunday, 21 March 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
Article 1: Size matters when carried around and this one is small and fast. Sounds potant.
Article 2: One touch back-up in a moment. That is what one needs.
Article 3: It will make your X-box super big.

genetic

Honorary Master
Article 3 - Seagate Expansion Card

Being able to install more games without having to uninstall games I haven't yet finished playing.

Dkdup

The Xbox Series X|S Expansion Card is a powerful external SSD which adds 1TB of capacity to your console and offers the same super-quick data rates of your internal storage drive.

This custom-built SSD is made exclusively by Seagate, who partnered with Microsoft to offer the best possible speeds for the new console on an external drive.
Why: Not having to be scared of losing your saved games and running out of storage.

coolio187

Article 1, Super-fast storage in the palm of your hand: The Seagate Expansion SSD also offers greater reliability and much faster transfer speeds than typical external hard drives.

Article 2, Seagate One Touch Portable – Big storage in a compact package : With up to 5TB of storage, you will have space for hundreds of full-length movies, thousands of series episodes, or hundreds of thousands of high-quality photos, songs, or documents.

Article 3, Expand your Xbox game library with the Seagate Expansion Card: You can instantly install games directly onto the drive and play them from this storage device as well, negating the need for you to manage and balance your files one way or the other.

Vengeful

Fast and easy transfers

Time is certainly precious and if copying large amounts of data, for example VM's quickly would prove helpful

moondoggie86

Seagate Expansion Card​

"The 802GB of useable storage on the Series X, or 364GB on the Series S, may be more than enough for some – but collectors and game hoarders will quickly find themselves filling up their drives."

The additional space would be well appreciated. I'm a person to start a game, put it on hold (for years) but never want to delete the game as "I will eventually get to it" :)

Vengeful

The highly compact plug-and-play drive requires no cables or installation

This is especially appealing, more modules should be just plug and play

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Article 1:
In addition, its unobtrusive design is a suited to the professional who may have to transport sensitive documents from one place to the next without being allowed to upload them.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Article 2:
Copying a 1GB folder with videos took less than 20 seconds – revealing an impressive transfer rate of more than 50MB/s.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Article 3:
The Xbox Series X|S Expansion Card is a powerful external SSD which adds 1TB of capacity to your console and offers the same super-quick data rates of your internal storage drive.

Sinekaya

Article 1 :
As much as transfer speeds are important safety is my number priority so the Data transfer feature is I find important as privacy is of utmost importance to me

FreddyC

Article 1
Seagate’s Expansion External SSD offers powerful performance and large storage in an impressively compact form factor.
This will be great for me as I travel quite a lot with a laptop bag and need stuff to be small and lightweight. Also this is great as it will carry all my files and data for my day-to-day work and tasks.

Nemus

Expert Member
Article 1

The SSD is ready out of the box for use on both PC and Mac, with no installation of software required. You can instantly start dragging and dropping files onto the drive.

Nemus

Expert Member
Article 2

Copying a 1GB folder with videos took less than 20 seconds – revealing an impressive transfer rate of more than 50MB/s.

This means you can copy over 60GB of data – typically the size of the latest AAA video games – in 30 minutes.

Nemus

Expert Member
Article 3

The highly compact plug-and-play drive requires no cables or installation, and can simply be plugged into the purpose-made slot at the back of the Xbox Series X|S consoles.

Once connected, you can instantly install games directly onto the drive and play them from this storage device as well, negating the need for you to manage and balance your files one way or the other.

FreddyC

Article 2
The Seagate One Touch Portable hard drive is a high-capacity, pocket-sized storage drive that allows you to easily carry your digital files with you wherever you go.

Why this will be a device for me. It can carry all my media and files are transferred fast easy and secure.

StofstreepSA

Seagate’s Expansion External SSD
“Transfer a 1GB folder containing multiple videos in just seven seconds.”(Mybroadband test results)

Seagate One Touch Portable
“It comes with exFAT formatting, the drive works interchangeably with Windows and Mac – allowing you to move files easily from platform to platform within moments.”

Seagate Expansion Card
“Adds 1TB of capacity to your console and offers the same super-quick data rates of your internal storage drive.”

TheoJ1

One Touch Portable - just what I need for my photos - 50MB/s transfer rate, pocket sized.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
"File transfers can go up to 400MB/s when used with a compatible USB 3.0 port. This means you can copy gigabytes of files in mere seconds."

This can be very handy as you can use this drive to boot your PC up with!

Status
Not open for further replies.