Win awesome Seagate drives – Enter now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSaxon

Article 2: The fact that it's formatted in exFAT straight out the box. I work with both Windows and Mac and have to transfer a lot of data between the two, which is borderline impossible without this feature.

MalicE

Thanks to the card’s seamless integration with Xbox Velocity Architecture, you will get the same fast loading speeds and can still use the Quick Resume feature to jump between titles within seconds.

RedSaxon

Article 3: The support of Quick Resume and Xbox Velocity Architecture. After all, there's no major benefit to it if you can't use it like your internal HDD.

crackedatom

Article 1:

400MB/s transfer speeds. This would be beneficial to me because there is nothing worse than waiting for files to copy to a slow USB.

Taps_Online

Article 1.
Seagate’s Expansion External SSD offers powerful performance and large storage in an impressively compact form factor.

Article 2.
The One Touch HDD also offers an array of software which makes it easy to back up all your important files.

Article 3
.Once connected, you can instantly install games directly onto the drive and play them from this storage device as well, negating the need for you to manage and balance your files one way or the other.

skyw4lk3r

The SSD is ready out of the box for use on both PC and Mac, with no installation of software required.

Very useful as one can instantly start dragging and dropping files onto the drive.

crackedatom

Article 2:

The One Touch HDD offers backup software that makes it easy to backup your important files.

This would be beneficial to me because I've lost way too many unbacked-up files to loadshedding lately ;)

bigdady

MyBroadband has partnered with Seagate and Pinnacle to offer forum members the opportunity to win Seagate storage devices.

Seagate is a market leader in this industry and offers a range of products such as SSDs, HDDs, and expansion cards.

The following prizes are up for grabs:

• 1 x Seagate Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X or S
• 1 x Seagate Expansion SSD 1TB
• 1 x Seagate One Touch HDD 4TB Silver – New

To enter this competition, you must do the following:
  1. Read the following three articles: Article 1, Article 2 and Article 3.
  2. Name one feature of the storage device mentioned in each article that you would find beneficial and tell us why very briefly.
  3. Three entries per member (one for each article).
The competition will end on Sunday, 21 March 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
Article 1:
As it’s a solid state drive, the Seagate Expansion SSD also offers greater reliability and much faster transfer speeds than typical external hard drives.

File transfers can go up to 400MB/s when used with a compatible USB 3.0 port. This means you can copy gigabytes of files in mere seconds.

this is very useful feature especially with large files whic i move regularly

crackedatom

Article 3:

The Seagate Expansion Card adds 1TB of storage to your game library.

This would be beneficial to me because I seem to hoard games that I've only half finished!

JQLoots

Article 1:
The reliability :
I have gone through a few drives where they stop working after a while, and you lose your data. Reliability is key, and the faster transfer speeds are a great bonus.

Article 2:
The Rescue Data Recovery Services:
Nothing is worse than losing your data - this added protection gives me peace of mind that my data won't be lost forever.

Article 3:
The seamless integration with Xbox Velocity Architecture:
This is what we need - no mess, no fuss - just seamless Awesomeness! Not having to sacrifice loading speeds and the quick resume feature makes it so much more appealing.

Derio101

IF THIS SEEMS LONG THE SUMMARY IS AT THE END

Article 1
The Drive is an SSD(Solid State Drive) which means there are no movable internal parts. It uses nand modules which are used to store data. And since there are no moving parts that means that data can be transferred faster due to having less of a physical limitation(Speed at which drives can spin, speed at which the actuator arm can move, the heat generated(If temperatures get too high the drive can lose functionality due to it using magnetism to store data, magnetism can be lost when lots of heat is applied In addition to this the drive being in SSD format instead of HDD(Hard Disk Drive) would mean that it uses less energy since no energy is required to move the disks, whilst less head it produced due to the absence of read and write heads which generate heat when they come in contact with the disks. Since the SSD uses nand modules to store data that means data is safer stored in comparison to the HDD which can lose data when exposure to magnetism(This is one reason why carrying a HDD drive is risky due to magnetic objects being all over e.g Speakers) and dropping one can damage the drive as the internal moving parts can be shifted from position rendering the drive unusable .The drive has low latency which means it uses less time to read and write to the drive. Hence the faster speed.

Article 2
This is the trusted and known HDD drive. Its reasonably fast and from my Article 1 you will find that it doesn’t win much in most aspects due to how the drive is fragile (in a sense). Where it wins is on capacity. HDD drives can store lots and lots of data on one drive. Plus the main issue with SSD like the one above besides the cost is the lifetime. An SSD can be thought of as a Brake Disk, each nand modules can be written and read from a certain number of times, Meaning that if you keep reading and writing from a certain part of your drive those particular nand modules will eventually fail to hold data. In essence this means your drive capacity decreases. So companies try to make sure that data is spread throughout the drive so that the load is spread across the drive meaning that it can last longer. So it is recommended that you buy a larger SSD since the load is shared more. Think of it like shoes, if i was drag my left foot around on the floor every time i walked that would mean that shoe would soon be unusable and uncomfortable which would in turn mean that you when you ditch the shoe the other perfect pair would be have to join in. So the companies try make sure both shoes share the same load so that no one shoe would have more damage than other so that mean you can use 100% of the drive. In terms of Speed HDD cannot hold a candle to SSD but in terms of Storage HDD has best value storage.

Article 3
This one and Article 1 have the same technology. Its just that this one is designed and built for the Xbox. So if you have an (Xbox series S or X) or are planning to buy one its a good thing to have. But what sucks is its for the Xbox meaning, its like me giving you and iPhone charger whilst you have an Android device which kinda sucks.

So in conclusion

Article 1: Its the Super fast, portable, reliable and versatile drive. (MOST DESIRED

Article 2: Its the large capacity, portable but not recommended to be moved around a lot, plus since is 5tb its not likely to fit in any pocket. (BEST VALUE)

Article 3: Its the same as Article 1 but its also the niche product specific to Xbox(iPhone charger for an Android phone vibe). (XBOX SERIES S/X’s MUST HAVE)

jsalikram

Article 1:

As it’s a solid state drive, the Seagate Expansion SSD also offers greater reliability and much faster transfer speeds than typical external hard drives. File transfers can go up to 400MB/s when used with a compatible USB 3.0 port, meaning you can copy gigabytes of files in mere seconds.

Article 2:

With up to 5TB of storage, you will have space for hundreds of full-length movies, thousands of series episodes, or hundreds of thousands of high-quality photos, songs, or documents.

Article 3:

The Xbox Series X|S Expansion Card is a powerful external SSD which adds 1TB of capacity to your console and offers the same super-quick data rates of your internal storage drive.

This custom-built SSD is made exclusively by Seagate, who partnered with Microsoft to offer the best possible speeds for the new console on an external drive.

TimBru14

Article 1:

Seagate’s Expansion External SSD offers powerful performance and large storage in an impressively compact form factor.

TimBru14

Article 2:

The Seagate One Touch Portable hard drive is a high-capacity, pocket-sized storage drive that allows you to easily carry your digital files with you wherever you go.

TimBru14

Article 3:

The Xbox Series X|S Expansion Card is a powerful external SSD which adds 1TB of capacity to your console and offers the same super-quick data rates of your internal storage drive.

Nolan_Naidu

Seagate Expansion Ultra Portable SSD​

File transfers can go up to 400MB/s when used with a compatible USB 3.0 port. This means you can copy gigabytes of files in mere seconds.

lg127

Article 1
File transfers up to 400MB/s.
Copying files and data over a slow drive is so frustrating.
Article 2
Up to 5TB of storage.
You can never have too much storage space.
Article 3
drive requires no cables or installation.
Easy setup without any hassle.

template

Article 1: File transfers can go up to 400MB/s when used with a compatible USB 3.0 port. This means you can copy gigabytes of files in mere seconds. This should really give my sluggish computer new vitality.
The included Rescue Data Recovery Services will definitely improve data security.

Article 2: The Seagate One Touch Portable hard drive has up to 5TB of storage, well enough for my backups, being portable means no extra power adaptor like my current 1 TB drive.

Article 3:
The Xbox Series X|S Expansion Card is a powerful external SSD which adds 1TB of capacity to your console and offers the same super-quick data rates of your internal storage drive. My limited experience with 1 SSD supports the stated advantages. Unfortunately I do not own an X-box cannot fully appreciate this.

Chinmaya

This sleek drive can fit into most wallets and any laptop bag, allowing you to carry your important files with ease wherever you go.

Jan0602

Article 1:

As it’s a solid state drive, the Seagate Expansion SSD also offers greater reliability and much faster transfer speeds than typical external hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.