Win R2,000 - If you could retire anywhere in South Africa, where would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netstrider

Expert Member
Sedgefield.

Lived there in my formative years. Quiet enough for an old man and close enough to George and Knysna for an outing or an airport.

Also much to see in and around the area.

Mars

Honorary Master
Knysna/Sedgefield area. I have amazing memories of that area and some family in the vicinity.

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Stay in Cape Town where I am. I have everything I need just here. So far it is my property and I know my neighbors. Moving is just making someone else rich.

seneca

Right here, in Joburg suburbs. Never want to have to "drive to the city" for a movie or to go to a mega warehouse store.

lexor

Expert Member
Victoria Bay , George

In one of those houses that is right on the beach - nice relaxing setup.

Donojac

The town of Wilderness in the Western Cape. The most beautiful place and peaceful place I know.

Shan21

KZN mid-south coast with sea views for the warm weather, slower pace and less people & noise while still being close to city provisions
Or somewhere in the western cape... somerset west is nice or somewhere on the garden route - really enjoyed trips to those spots

Baise

Somewhere on the Garden Route between Sedgefield and George.

Space

Mauritius - USD 1500 per month coming in from SA gets you a Residency permit as a Retired non-Citizen…….en ‘n groot deel van die eiland praat alklaar Afrikaans……it should be proclaimed our 10th province…..oh no wait, its own forward-thinking tax and financial regime make it the most prosperous economy in Africa - wouldn’t want to mess with that.

Last edited:

Shabeerd

Zimbali Estate. Close to the beach and away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds.

Weathers good all year round…

Soozie3201

MyBroadband is running a competition where you can win R2,000 cash.

To enter the competition simply tell us in this thread - if you could retire anywhere within the borders of South Africa, where would it be and why?

The giveaway will end on Monday 25 October 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
St John's Village in Howick - I have already bought a place. All my friends are moving there and us oldies have to make our friends our family so that our children can leave if they want to without worrying about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.