Win R2,000 - If you could retire anywhere in South Africa, where would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M03

Wilderness in the Southern Cape, a peaceful haven even during peak seasons.
You're sandwiched between beautiful untouched beaches and green mystical forests.
I'd spend my days enjoying the view, rowing along the serpentine river and maybe take up fishing.

When I feel the need to see city lights I'd take a short drive up to George for a round of golf after dropping the wife off at the mall.

I turned 29 this year, that R2000 would be a lovely addition to my savings.
I reckon it'd be worth around R50k by the time I retire =)

RefiloeMpy

MyBroadband is running a competition where you can win R2,000 cash.

To enter the competition simply tell us in this thread - if you could retire anywhere within the borders of South Africa, where would it be and why?

The giveaway will end on Monday 25 October 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
Hazyview in Mpumalanga. I love nature and even though the place gets hot it makes me feel connected to Mother Nature

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
On a small plot somewhere in the Klein Karoo, maybe McGregor. I love the mountains and hills around there, enough to keep the mountain biker in me happy. Not to mention the excellent wines from that area.

W1th

Hmm , a question I have been pondering now quite a lot in the last few years... First instinct was Clarens in the Free state, but it has become a tourist trap, so rethinking this. Was recently in Clanwilliam and that impressed me being clean and seem to have everything with a small town feeling. Then someone one day send me pictures of Loxton in the Karoo ... that looks awesome too. Then of course Nelspruit... so much to do, Kruger , Marloth Park , Hazyview, Hoedspruit, Graskop etc... SO what to do ? the decision was made, we will get a MotorHome and for half of each year we will stay in all these places that we can not make our mind up about and who knows, discover more fantastic towns and maybe the right one to retire to.

Billals

Camps bay in Capetown would be the ideal place to retire for me as is scenic ,has a laidback leisurely lifestyle ,safe yet close to all amenities and one can be assured of their privacy yet may intermingle with other like minded individuals...

griffintrue

Kenton-on-Sea. A beautiful area, walks on the beach to stay young, not too hot and not too cold, and not too remote either.

Metallicson

Jeffrey's Bay, retirement village atmosphere, beautiful clean beaches, don't rush me I'm a pensioner!

nivo

somewhere in the Drakensburg, preferably far away from the madding crowd.

TheJman

Expert Member
Umhlanga - being able to be at the coast sounds like a dream in itself!

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I would have at least 2 retirement homes. One in the Western Cape on the beach somewhere, then somewhere to escape to during the WC bad winters. Like an East Coast town that is still in good condition.

Doc55

Kenton on Sea, away from the hustle and bustle of major cities, great beaches, quiet place, close to Addo, and close enough to major centres, if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.