Win R2,000 - If you could retire anywhere in South Africa, where would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Morgan's Bay because wild coast, few taxis, ocean, hiking...
I move at month end.
I spent this last weekend at Trinary, just over the pont. Ate enough oysters and mussels to supply a 3rd world country.

But yeah, I live near Morgans Bay, and Im actually really happy where I am. I live in a small coastal town, but its fenced and gated. None of 200 or so houses in our community even have walls or fences. Ive never felt so safe in my life, and I get to walk to the beach and fish whenever I want. I was thinking to myself the other day, "where could I get this quality of life anywhere else?"

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
My parents moved there a few months ago ... I used to love that area, but hearing about the wind that's just about permanently blowing there and the huge amount of rain they got over winter, makes it a NO for me as a retirement option. :unsure:
Depends where in Betty's. The town is 10km long, measured it on Saturday.

I use to love Betty's but I always preferred Kleinmond next door. Has my favourite camp site as well.

scienide

Expert Member
Hermanus

Family comes from there. So would be cool to settle and finish the journey

B-1

Expert Member
My parents moved there a few months ago ... I used to love that area, but hearing about the wind that's just about permanently blowing there and the huge amount of rain they got over winter, makes it a NO for me as a retirement option. :unsure:

As much as I love that area Pringle bay, betty's bay, kleinmond etc that mountain range parallel to ocean while beautiful is prime inclement weather location.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Tesselaarsdal, just outside Caledon. Rural and off the beaten track. My family's hails from there, miss it so much because of Covid.
That or Langebaan.

Botha22

Plettenberg - lovely town, beaches and plenty to do along the Garden Route.

George Netherby

Expert Member
Blanco just out of George. Great Agricultural lands, rolling hills with a mountainous backdrop. Good climate for farming berries, and I understand Avos are the new gold in that region.

Mux

Westcoast....Kersbosstrand at Dwarskersbos

Total peace and quiet and Westcoast charm
Dwarskersbos is on my list - yes, peace and quiet. I love the West Coast!
I'm not unhappy where I am now and might just serve out my years here: Marina da Gama

Lfron

Most of my childhood summers were spent on the beaches of Hermanus. And those beaches are still unspoiled - but the village has become a town. I'd happily retire there if I could afford it.

Mishmash18

MyBroadband is running a competition where you can win R2,000 cash.

To enter the competition simply tell us in this thread - if you could retire anywhere within the borders of South Africa, where would it be and why?

The giveaway will end on Monday 25 October 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
Muizenberg

aucampc

MyBroadband is running a competition where you can win R2,000 cash.

To enter the competition simply tell us in this thread - if you could retire anywhere within the borders of South Africa, where would it be and why?

The giveaway will end on Monday 25 October 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
George because of its proximity to the sea, to an air port, mountain bike trails, and the garden route

Magandroid

Expert Member
If I still have my health, then wherever I can be of the most use. I cannot see myself sitting quietly at home. I need purpose. Maybe use my time at some charity organisation. God knows, there are so many communities and people needing help and support these days

Status
Not open for further replies.