Win R2,000 - Which IT/Technology company do you admire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supervan II

Expert Member
LG Electronics

Since the days of Goldstar in the 1980's when they were an in-house brand for Dion Stores (now Game Stores, part of Massmart) in South Africa I have noticed that their product support was, is and always will be outstanding. They have consistently improved and expanded their range of products without compromising on quality or after-sales service for more than 40 years in South Africa! This is commendable in itself.

They have come a very long, long way since then.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Lenovo, well priced and reliable, my next laptop with defiantly be one.

Xander8807

Evetech...
hold your horses before decapitating me.
So we all know how bad their after sales service is, their prices are sometimes good (when you do EFT to qualify for the discounts), otherwise prices are semi aligned with rest of the suppliers, so even with all the bad reputation they have yet they are still up and around....even moved premises to new offices...
not even aftersales, i have tested them now 3 times on different occasions and even just the ordering to shipping queue is very bad..lead time is usually much longer than other local suppliers...

yet they still going strong, so i admire that and wonder hmmmm how

Aghori

Honorary Master
Definetely Vox. Outstanding service, great price, good support and friendly people... winning combination.

Segg

Expert Member
Takealot - they pioneered online shopping in RSA

Vox - great network, I'm a happy customer

Afrihost - great support (especially here)

Communica - one of my favorite "toy" stores :D

MirageF1

Executive Member
eBay... started a completely revolutionary concept - online auctions/buying/selling and made it into one of the leading 21C success stories.

Last edited:

ubercal

Expert Member
Without a doubt, Telviva! (previously Connection Telecom).
Adaptable and customer focussed, offering the leading Cloud PABX in the country. Locally produced and an ever-evolving product suite, thanks to our in-house development team and select partners.
Hands-on management who lead from the front, nothing is too much effort.
(Shameless plug for the family away from home I am proud to call my employer)
lol , a 1 post wonder but i do agree they a top class voip provider.

spongebob1

I would say Tesla and all the companies under the Elon Mask brand
His products and philosophy is forward thinking and improves technology as a whole and contributes to humanities advancement.

Thelifesway

Samsung With their Galaxy phones and always being one with Spen and foldable phones along with AMOLED display panels. Thanks

Lupus

Honorary Master
Geewiz - I know they are small, but they go out of their way to help you out.

Devo1

Expert Member
Geewiz, without a doubt

They stock / supply almost EVERYTHING we require. Delivery is the next day even if they have to procure the items first.

And my wifes new way to pay, Payflex works without any issues.

Geewiz for the win!

@Ghekko

Samsung Electronics, They are pushing the boundaries especially in their professional and consumer display markets and also their mobile offering is great.

Enigmata

For me, it would be a showdown between Google and Microsoft.
For the sake of choosing one for the competition, It would need to be Microsoft - Just for their OS, Productivity Tools, Collaboration platforms, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.