Win R2,000 - Which IT/Technology company do you admire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sug

I admire alot of tech companies but right now it has to be Intel, they have been a constant in my life. The longevity and quality of their products are impressive, their future also looks bright.

FABZ1905

MyBroadband is running a competition where you can win R2,000 cash.

To enter the competition, simply tell us in this thread which IT/Technology company you admire, and why?

From Tesla to Takealot, and Microsoft to Mustek - let us know.

The giveaway will end on 10 September 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
Still happily satisfied with all the Xiaomi brands.

BigV2020

I would think all of Elon Musk related companies:
Tesla, Boring Company, SpaceX

I could be biased because he was born in South Africa...

Drifter

Honorary Master
Zensar Technologies. They actually give contactors paid annual leave and sick leave, as well as paid public holidays. They also look after their associates very well.

nightjar

Executive Member
Has to be Takealot.
Every purchase has gone like clockwork and my one return went just as easily.

TMM

Expert Member
Dell Technologies.

Their products exude efficiency and class

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Takealot, cause they deliver on time and have a huge selection of products...

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
damn, "admire" is quite a high bar imo, pure success is not good enough, neither is innovation without commercial success and spying on your customers won't get you the nod in my book for sure

Guess we're left with those that still in this day and age value privacy above most other things:
- Brave
- ProtonMail
- Telegram

also quite admire Nokia more than ever before, rising from the ashes with a product that is simple yet competitively priced even compared to Chinese competition is nothing to sneeze at

CharlotteP

Without a doubt, Telviva! (previously Connection Telecom).
Adaptable and customer focussed, offering the leading Cloud PABX in the country. Locally produced and an ever-evolving product suite, thanks to our in-house development team and select partners.
Hands-on management who lead from the front, nothing is too much effort.
(Shameless plug for the family away from home I am proud to call my employer)

Goliath

Expert Member
Takealot, shopping on them almost daily with no issues, returns is a breeze!

spzl

Microsoft! Specifically their Office 365 business offerings. Every day I discover something new that I (or our team) can use to make work life easier.

DanDango

Honorary Master
Wootware

The User interface is easy to navigate and prices are very competitive. The support and communication is good.

Now I only need to convince my self to buy a new gpu.

rudyn

Takealot is a major player in our Covid-ravaged country. It came up-trump with swift, safe and reliable deliveries, competitive pricing and customer friendly after-sale services. Thumbs up, 'lotters!

Siceja

Takelot. Their products are cheap and the delivery service is very quick.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Canonical - their business model is pretty true to the open source/Free software ethos with most products being free but with paid support available. Ubuntu server is probably the most widely deployed OS in the cloud and they've partnered on projects with Microsoft and Google. They also have some nice lesser known products - MicroK8s, LXD, Multipass, Juju, MaaS etc.

josh4

The Takealot & MrD group. I think it was really clever for them to join forces. Takealot has the experience to make an app and needs delivery drivers during the day and MrD would be struggling to compete with Uber Eats without a good app, they have delivery drivers and they need most delivery drivers doing the evenings. Mix them together and it's the perfect combination.

Also from what I can gather they treat the driver's better than Uber Eats, provide great convenience and customer support, and allow returns of products with very little hassle.

Jennifer 123

To enter the competition, simply tell us in this thread which IT/Technology company you admire, and why?

The giveaway will end on 10 September 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
I would say Xiaomi is one of the technology companies I admire , mainly because they're providing good quality products that have amazing specs at such affordable prices.

Their phone camera quality is often very very good and it's rare to find an affordable phone with a good camera quality.

They allow many people the opportunity to own great phones at low or fairly affordable prices without skipping out on good quality in the process.

epah

Executive Member
Apple

Because their products just work, simple as that.

Lilo babes

i choose go with Cell C as for i have used Cell C and with the app on my mobile phone i can purchase online which is data airtime and variety of goodies online only thing is the home connection sim card that i use in my router the self service ussd code does not have an option where i can manually upload airtime?data that's my only issue i have but other than that.

im satisfied with Cell C broadband,

randomcat

Expert Member
Yoco. They enabled many small business in South Africa. I'm happy to see them grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.