Win R2,000 - Which South African charity would you love to help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinGB

MyBroadband Staff
Staff member
MyBroadband is running a competition where you can win R2,000 cash.

To enter the competition, simply tell us in this thread which South African charity you would love to help out, and why?

Tell us, and everyone else, of the good work they are doing within South Africa and you could win.

The giveaway will end on Monday 04 October 2021, and standard competition rules apply.

Xyler

Wollies Animal Shelter NPC
wollies.org
They help abandoned, neglected and abused animals...

Their initial intention was to only sterilize as many animals as possible but that quickly expanded to the great work of finding homes for animals and helping them in other ways.
Today they actually mean a lot more, as they include the community and educate people as well.

Blu82

Expert Member
NSRI as the offer an invaluable service and you never know when you are going to need them from ocean rescues to a dog trying to cross Hartebeespoort Dam.

Moby Grape

Honorary Master
Uthixo Ulungile creche - Joshua and Rachael Minter and their team are doing an incredible job feeding and educating kids from the rubbish dump informal settlement at Stoney Drift, East London. They have been at it for a while now and it's grown into an amazing community center since starting.

Esbendzn

4 Paws and a Tail
This lady, Nikki, has taken on a tremendous task of looking after animals that have been abandoned and given up..... she relies solely on being publicly funded and with her being a pensioner, she sometimes has to dig into her own bank account to feed and assist the dogs she shelters and strays. . being a pensioner, it does become hard and not everyone is willing to help...

SidneyVP

CHOC Childhood Cancer Association South Africa. [https://choc.org.za/] .

CHOC offers basic necessities such as Carebags, nutritional support (food parcels) and bereavement support to the children and their families.

CHOC accommodation facilities offer a home away from home for children and their parents/caregivers during treatment and follow up visits.

The psychosocial team bring much needed support to children, parents and family members, as well as support to the medical and nursing staff.

afsrav

SPCA - without a doubt.
Cruelty, abused and distressed animals cannot fend for themselves. The SPCA do a lot for the animals, and therefore they deserve cash donations, gifts in kind and time, and supporting their fundraising events.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The hardest question to answer… normally I would be decisive and name the SPCA or another outreaching program, but at this time, I believe that children, especially the one’s in early development, should be provided with extra care given the current socioeconomic circumstances and climate.

I would nominate Cotlands, it is an organisation close to me, that I trust, and know that they are doing great work. I would love to see these children and the hard-working people dedicated to them receive a donation.

To quote what Cotlands do in their own words,

https://www.cotlands.org/about-us/

Who we are

Our goal is to help create a more equal and prosperous society by giving its vulnerable children the advantage

Welcome to Cotlands. As an organisation, we are working towards making South Africa a more equal society by creating access to play-based early learning opportunities for young children. Through the generous investments of donors and partners, Cotlands initiates and facilitates innovative, play-based early learning opportunities for young children. Children are provided access to toy library and playgroup programmes aimed at improving school readiness. The programmes are designed to ignite potential through play by enhancing children’s social-emotional development, as well as their cognitive skills which includes creativity, critical thinking and problem solving. The goal is to ensure that children have the required skills to excel when entering formal schooling and to develop holistically for their future success.

Johand

Expert Member
I had to post a second one - MSF/Doctor's without borders (www.msf.org.za) are doing insanely good work and mostly the last hope for many unprivileged people!

Status
Not open for further replies.