Win R2,000 - Which South African charity would you love to help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanjox

SPCA - I have adopted a few pets from them over the years and they do amazing work for homeless animals

derekm

I would donate to the SPCA due to their wonderful work with animals. My dog Bobby who was my best friend for 17 years came from the SPCA and i miss him every single day.

lkswan747

Expert Member
SPCA - Many owners have had to abandon their pets due to the tough economic times and this has added an extra burden onto the SPCA as they were already stretched before the pandemic and have always been overlooked!

rodga

Honorary Master
Gift of the Givers
I think everyone knows the good work they do

Dean

Expert Member
Ladles of Love - they feed the hungry in Cape Town, providing healthy food through a network of NPOs.
Demand has grown exponentially since lockdown and they can use all the help they can get.

eg2505

Honorary Master
any animal shelter (SPCA), especially those that try to help innocent animals that suffer due to human stupidity and arrogance.

Anthro

Expert Member
Gift of the Givers hands down has been one of the most effective charities I have ever come across.

I reckon if they had been given the R500 billion for COVID relief we would have seen some amazing outcomes.

SiriusBlack

Definitely Wagging Tails Animal Rescue https://wtar.co.za/

it's run by three amazing women who take the utmost care of all the animals they rescue. Thashnee Moodley is the founder of this non profit and her commitment to the cause is nothing short of admirable. She and her volunteers deserve all the financial help possible because Their selflessness is truly astounding.

SarelSeemonster

Expert Member
CANSA, because cancer sucks.

Copy/paste from their website:

A leader in the fight against cancer in SA, since 1931, the purpose of the Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA), is to offer a unique, integrated service to the public and to all people affected by cancer.

It’s mission is to be the preferred non-profit leader that enables research with regards to lowering cancer risk, educating the public regarding symptoms, screening and risk reduction, and providing care and support to all people affected by cancer.

Furthermore our Advocacy team performs a Watchdog Role striving to ensure that South African policy makers are influenced with regards to important cancer control issues, and patients’ right to healthcare is protected.

CANSA is committed to connecting people facing cancer with information, day-to-day help as well as emotional support they need in the communities where they live. Our aim is to ensure that cancer Survivors and their loved ones don’t have to face cancer alone; we’re here to support them through every step of their cancer journey.*

Your support helps us to continue the fight against cancer in South Africa and brings us closer to the challenge of a cancer-free society within our generation. Let this become our legacy to our children and generations to come.

Nyeleti9

The jacaranda FM good morning Angels.
I love it because it gives a helping hand to different causes that really need help. They're not descriminative, they are accommodating and caring.

TMM

Expert Member
Gift of the Givers

Water takes on even greater importance, leading to the organisation having played a necessarily active role in assisting under-resourced communities secure access to safe, potable water and hygienic sanitation facilities, an undertaking against which we have delivered since the inception of Gift of the Givers.

From drilling boreholes and installing rainwater harvesting operations, to establishing purification systems and distributing bottled water, they have the flexibility to rapidly adapt to a community’s requirements, delivering water provision solutions which most appropriately ensure the sustainability of life.

Sug

SAME(SA Medical and Education) Foundation. Their goal is to provide extremely poor communities with assistance in renovating their educational and medical facilities.

Bubbles02

Food For Life South Africa
They aim to create a hunger free South Africa by serving over a million plates of cooked meals a day.

dapri

Choc Childhood Cancer Foundation because they aim to save lives through early detection and making the journey of those who are affected by childhood cancer, less burdensome through comprehensive support programmed.

rudyn

DARG Give Dogs and Cats a Second Chance. It is a pro-life, non-profit organisation that rescues, cares for, sterilises and rehomes previously abused, neglected and abandoned cats and dogs. DARG provides a crucial role for the communities of Imizamo Yethu, Hangberg and the greater Hout Bay area. DARG provides shelter for its rescues through housing an extensive cat garden, cat sanctuary, outdoor and indoor kennel areas as well as indoor rooms for those animals in treatment or rehabilitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.