Win R2,000 - Which South African charity would you love to help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidH63

MyBroadband is running a competition where you can win R2,000 cash.

To enter the competition, simply tell us in this thread which South African charity you would love to help out, and why?

Tell us, and everyone else, of the good work they are doing within South Africa and you could win.

The giveaway will end on Monday 04 October 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
Tears animal rescue. The additional service that I love is you can take their dogs for a walk or just for company which is a wonderful healing process for elderly or lonely people that can’t keep their own pet

Towfieqlosper

Gift of the Givers.....they can manage any crisis local or abroad......imagine them running the country then things would get done....

Solarion

Honorary Master
CROW - Center for Rehabilitation of Wildlife

The work they do there is really amazing guys and they are always in need of donations. They provide assistance for monkeys or hadedas having been shot with pellet guns, vehicle bird strikes, wild animals injured from traps and dogs and wild animals kept illegally and suffering from abuse/neglect etc.

MikeMike

A non-profit organisation dedicated to giving kids the best help needed by small group of Paediatric Surgeons, they perform surgeries for kids all over Gauteng, helping families that cannot afford the best care for their children.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Gift of the Givers.

They are always there to help no matter who or what you are.
Lead by one of the most humble and greatest leaders in the country!

Myrrdin

Expert Member
With the effects of Covid being rampant there are a lot of elderly that have suffered and been left destitute. I would donate to Frederic place. For as little as R1500 a month they take care of an elderly person including health care and food.

I donate R3000 a month to them already. Takes care of two elderly people. Some of them are very shy and withdrawn. I was there last month helping out and I sat down to take a break. One of the ladies who has not spoken to anyone for 3 years snuck up behind me and gave me a kiss on my shoulder and walked away. I cried quietly when I got home.

Last edited:

Hazy_Living@79

Woodrock Animal Rescue... a "no kill" shelter. The team at Woodrock do amazing work to try and find neglected animals their forever homes.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Non of them. Charities don't work. https://www.theguardian.com/global-.../akon-charities-africa-lighting-energy-access

“Personally, I don’t think that charities in Africa really work,” says Akon. “I think it just holds the people down longer than it should. I think the only way to build Africa is to build for-profit businesses that create opportunities and jobs for the people locally. That’s why with Akon Lighting Africa we decided to take a for-profit approach. Ultimately, it’s providing empowerment to local people so they can start developing their own economies.”

Will rather give it to a local cleaner etc.

BrendanMc

Expert Member
DARG, they do really good work for animals in need, and not many people seem to know about them.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
SPCA - They have very little resources to function and always willing to help. Especially with the price of animal food that is rising, I feel like they are struggling.

seanogilvie

1. Woodrock Animal Rescue,
2. SPCA,
3. NSRI.

These three do the best charitable work in my opinion.

Gemsbok

Wollies Animal Shelter NPC
wollies.org
They help abandoned, neglected and abused animals...

Their initial intention was to only sterilize as many animals as possible but that quickly expanded to the great work of finding homes for animals and helping them in other ways.
Today they actually mean a lot more, as they include the community and educate people as well.
I support this suggestion. Wollies are doing a great job looking after abandoned animals. They deserve all the help they can get.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
SPCA - they look after our best friends and provide us with future best friends.

Sads-1-zn

My local ABH. My father goes there for physiotherapy and state of that place is terrible. Its really sad the condition some of our senior citizens live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.