Win R2,000 - Which South African charity would you love to help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Neethling

MyBroadband is running a competition where you can win R2,000 cash.

To enter the competition, simply tell us in this thread which South African charity you would love to help out, and why?

Tell us, and everyone else, of the good work they are doing within South Africa and you could win.

The giveaway will end on Monday 04 October 2021, and standard competition rules apply.
Gift of the Givers

epah

Expert Member
CHOC Childhood Cancer Association South Africa. [https://choc.org.za/] .

CHOC offers basic necessities such as Carebags, nutritional support (food parcels) and bereavement support to the children and their families.

CHOC accommodation facilities offer a home away from home for children and their parents/caregivers during treatment and follow up visits.

The psychosocial team bring much needed support to children, parents and family members, as well as support to the medical and nursing staff.

SPCA- animals are better than humans.

i.got~issues

Expert Member

Woodrock Animal Rescue​

We are a leading non-profit, pro-life, rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing organisation in South Africa.
Woodrock Animal Rescue was founded in 1992 by Nicholas and Stella (Estelle) Meldau, whose focus, passion and drive made their animal rescue vision become a reality. The rescue centre originated in the Johannesburg suburban areas of Woodmead and Khyber Rock, hence the name Woodrock.
Woodrock Animal Rescue is now based on 8.5 hectares in the beautiful Hennops River Valley, South-West of Pretoria.

bvawda

Gift of the Givers
They do phenomenal work in South Africa and worldwide!

Shi

Expert Member
SPCA and Gift of the Givers - does awesome work throughout the country

LeftRightLeft

SPCA. It breaks my heart when I see people neglecting their pets, and I've seen a ton of people just throw their pets away in the streets. More resources need to be put into helping these poor animals.

Musa Sk

I have to say gift of the givers. They just do a lot, if only i can put an x for them in ballot box.

Thelifesway

HOPE SA ORG providing food to the poor and needy since the start of the lock down last year. Thanks

James 77

SPCA lately I’ve seen quite a lot of dogs being mistreated and malnourished. Our previous neighbours had a bull terrier which was only skin and bone

JacksonR

SPCA - everyone seems to gets pets they can’t take care of, and then just leave them to fend for themselves

Ng84

Gift of the Givers

It focuses on disaster response, hunger alleviation, water provision, healthcare, education and social upliftment. The assistance is provided unconditionally to the needy irrespective of human or animal, race, religion, color, class, political affiliation or nationality.

spikel

I would donate to The Highway Hospice Durban. They get no government assistance; in fact they have been partially shut down. They do tremendous work for the terminally ill.

storms1

I'd support Centre for Human rights , as it would assist South africans as well as refugees with urgent help of and when needed

MartinGB

MyBroadband Staff
Staff member
Company Rep
It is great to announce the winner of the recent South African charities giveaway.

R2,000 cash - congratulations @Red Plumstead

Winner: Please PM your name and banking details to @MartinGB

Status
Not open for further replies.