Winde says level 1 lockdown is sufficient but wants consequences for not wearing masks

noxibox

Honorary Master
Do you know anything about physics? Some things don't need to be tested because they are obvious to anyone with a brain.
You know what physics tells us about the flow of vapour from breathing through your nose? Which direction do you think it goes initially? Then what happens once it has entered the convection current around a warm body?

Hint, it's the same thing that happens with breathing inside a mask that isn't sealed.

zolly

Expert Member
Wow as lethal and virulent? Please stop drinking the Kool aid. This isn't as virulent or lethal as they said it was going to be.
But technically yes I'm going to say it the goddamn flu can be as lethal and even more virulent, it was the pandemic of 1918 which was 50 million dead, 1957/58 Asian Flu 1.1 million and 1968 Hong Kong flu estimated up to 4 million dead.

1918 Spanish flu - Not the same as the flu we experience seasonally.
1957 Asian flu - Not the same as the flu we experience seasonally.
1968 Hong Kong flu - Not the same as the flu we experience seasonally.

All 3 were variants of H1N1. So hopefully you'll wear your mask, wash your hands and social distance every flu season cause it can kill you as well.

No, because as you so clearly helped me demonstrate, just because something is a variant, doesn't mean it's the same as the seasonal flu. Viruses can and do mutate into deadlier forms, as with any of the pandemics you shared. If the regular seasonal flu mutates and starts knocking off people the way COVID-19 does, then you'll be damn sure I'll take the same precautions for it as I am doing now.

COVID-19, a variant of H1N1 if you want to follow that line of thinking, kills more people than the seasonal flu. It's that simple.

Lupus

Honorary Master
COVID-19 isn't a variant of H1N1? It's not swine-flu it's a coronavirus not an influenza virus. Also seasonal flu is a variety of different flus from h1n1 right through to some H5N2s and other variants. Influenze has a B and an A strain, with B being less prevalent than A, but it does mostly seem to be the A strains that cause issues, H1N1, H5N1, H3N2 those are the ones that have caused a few issues.
Now there are subvarients of H1N1 that have caused issues in the past, but generally we've come through it okay. Except for 1918, 1958, 1968 and 2009 though 2009 wasn't really that bad.
Viruses also generally mutate into less deadlier forms, due to the fact that killing your hosts before you've spread isn't a good thing.

zolly

Expert Member
COVID-19 isn't a variant of H1N1? It's not swine-flu it's a coronavirus not an influenza virus. Also seasonal flu is a variety of different flus from h1n1 right through to some H5N2s and other variants. Influenze has a B and an A strain, with B being less prevalent than A, but it does mostly seem to be the A strains that cause issues, H1N1, H5N1, H3N2 those are the ones that have caused a few issues.
Now there are subvarients of H1N1 that have caused issues in the past, but generally we've come through it okay. Except for 1918, 1958, 1968 and 2009 though 2009 wasn't really that bad.
Viruses also generally mutate into less deadlier forms, due to the fact that killing your hosts before you've spread isn't a good thing.

Sigh. Okay go back and read my original question properly. I asked

Why? What's as lethal and virulent as COVID that would require mask wearing post-covid?

While the virus is not as lethal as we expected it to be, it's still not as mild as many people are trying to portray it either. But at this point I realise how futile it is arguing otherwise. There are those who may literally die on this hill, believing that covid "ain't that bad", despite more people dying, or suffering far worse symptoms after recovery, than most people do after getting our regular seasonal flu.

My family and friends are doing everything they can to protect themselves and those they care about. If we're lucky the fools who think this is all a joke will simply carry on as normal and find out the hard way.

I just hope that no-one I care about gets sick and needs a hospital bed while the idiots who went partying, or mask less, or pretended the virus wasn't that bad are filling up the hospitals.

Forum Reader

Don't get me wrong. It makes sense what you saying. I just want to see the study. Often results of a study go against intuition. For example, perhaps non N95 masks don't prevent micro particles escaping enough to make a difference. Perhaps the main form of transmission is people touching objects that have the virus on. I don't know.... Just want to see the study that the government and my work refer to when they say masks are compulsory.

Why can't you guys google for yourself? There's enough studies out there already.

Here, I'll do it for you for once:

SUMMARY
The mandatory face mask wearing was implemented in the Czech Republic and Slovakia shortly after the COVID-19 outbreak in Central Europe. So far, the number of COVID-19-associated deaths per 100,000 individuals is far lower in these countries as compared with other neighbouring or close countries. The use of face masks in public may not protect the general public from contracting the virus, however, presumptively decreases the viral load and contributes to a favourable clinical outcome in COVID-19 disease. A certain time is required for antigen-specific T cells and B cells to fully develop. Obligatory face mask wearing in public favours the virus transmission through oral mucosa and/or conjunctival epithelium, which enables the adaptive immune responses to evolve. In the case of inhalation of high loads of SARS-CoV-2, the time for the development of fully protective adaptive immune responses seems to be insufficient. Then, a less specific and more damaging innate immune response prevails.

Next time if you want to learn something, just google it.

Forum Reader

You know what physics tells us about the flow of vapour from breathing through your nose? Which direction do you think it goes initially? Then what happens once it has entered the convection current around a warm body?

Hint, it's the same thing that happens with breathing inside a mask that isn't sealed.

You should learn more about viral load and how viruses travel. They're on the vapor you breath out which a mask catches the bulk of. It's not going to stop everything from getting out but there will be less virus floating around.

diapason

Expert Member
Why can't you guys google for yourself? There's enough studies out there already.

Here, I'll do it for you for once:

Next time if you want to learn something, just google it.
Unfortunately the numbers in the Czech Republic don't look so good anymore. They are up to 852 deaths per million of population.

Forum Reader

Unfortunately the numbers in the Czech Republic don't look so good anymore. They are up to 852 deaths per million of population.

And that has absolutely nothing to do about whether masks reduce the amount of virus being spread around.

Unfortunately.

diapason

Expert Member
Last edited:

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Shame another retard.

This an example of why government and the WHO exists. There are retards like many in this thread who have the IQ of a pea. So they need to be told what to do and be treated like babies.

You crack me up boet :laugh:. Why so serious? Most of us (I hope) know exactly what's happening and whats what nowadays... the posts here are just to troll you.

noxibox

Honorary Master
You should learn more about viral load and how viruses travel. They're on the vapor you breath out which a mask catches the bulk of. It's not going to stop everything from getting out but there will be less virus floating around.
I was asking specifically about nasal exhalation. You brought up physics, but now wish to side-step the question because it doesn't fit.

a mask catches the bulk of
Which kind of mask? My N95 catches almost nothing, it just fires it out the sides.

Shame another retard.

This an example of why government and the WHO exists. There are retards like many in this thread who have the IQ of a pea. So they need to be told what to do and be treated like babies.
But enough about you.

noxibox

Honorary Master
They were championing masks before the everybody else. Or did they slacken off somewhere along the line?

Edit. Answer to my question.

Their curve steepened in early June already. But really their earlier low numbers looks like another of those cases of potential coincidence or many factors at once. We need stop this silly "look what masks achieved" nonsense. What were the homemade masks like? Who tested them? I know how useless our cloth masks are, but we wear them and everything looks good. Only they're blocking almost nothing.

It's the hype and worship of masks that is the problem, not mandating them in a very limited number of circumstances. They have no place outdoors or even inside large well-ventilated areas. School children should not be wearing them.

Forum Reader

I was asking specifically about nasal exhalation. You brought up physics, but now wish to side-step the question because it doesn't fit.

Which kind of mask? My N95 catches almost nothing, it just fires it out the sides.

But enough about you.

Dude, how dumb are you?

Do this simple experiment. Hold your open palm 30cm away from your face and breathe normally. You'll feel your cold breath. That coolness is from water vapour from your breath condensing on your hand.

A mask doesn't catch all of this vapour but it catches most of it. Why do you think a mask gets slightly damp when you wear it. Also your face below the mask gets moist. That's moisture that would have gone out into the space around you if you didn't wear the mask.

I'm amazed you actually figured out how to post on a forum.

Last edited:

Forum Reader

You crack me up boet :laugh:. Why so serious? Most of us (I hope) know exactly what's happening and whats what nowadays... the posts here are just to troll you.

Noxibox and others here seem to actually believe what they say. So he's not a troll. Just dumb and there's no simple way to engage with people like this other than treat them like the child they are.

zolly

Expert Member
Noxibox and others here seem to actually believe what they say. So he's not a troll. Just dumb and there's no simple way to engage with people like this other than treat them like the child they are.

The problem is you can place 100% verifiable science proving these guys wrong, and they literally start quoting Russian propaganda sites and other conspiracy theory BS to support their theories. When you point out their sources are dubious, they go on about MSM and that sort of nonsense. Even if you quote multiple sources from multiple universities, you get responses like "they're all in on it" without any evidence, but as long as their ideas that we are all trapped in some sort of Bill Gates conspiracy world stay alive, that's all that matters.

I only come back once in a while because if you don't come in with facts and disagreeing views with these nutjobs, they'll just be left to run rampant. Have to occasionally remind them their information is highly suspect.

It's like that flat earth documentary where even the flat earthers proved the earth was round and refused to believe it.

yebocan

Honorary Master
Winde is a p0es.

nah, just trying to balance livelihood with life.... while in grand circus of politics .... very misguided but yea... like all politicians.... you play to your audience/supporters/backers .... their finance barons need an open economy.