Windows 10 Update deleted my entire Movies folder

Solarion

Honorary Master
Pretty much everything got scrubbed. All my series everything. I logged on and everything is gone. Literally years of collected movies and series just gone. Seriously? :(

Solarion

Honorary Master
How many TB's worth?
About 1.5 TB. All my old Battlestar Galactica, all of SG series, Firefly etc etc all suddenly vanished. C'mon man really I had series going back to Macguyver, Magnum all of it just gone :crying:

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Pretty much everything got scrubbed. All my series everything. I logged on and everything is gone. Literally years of collected movies and series just gone. Seriously? :(
Was this all on one drive, and if so, which drive letter out of interest was it?

Nirv

What was actually deleted? Everything on a drive, a single folder, was it a Windows User "Movies" folder (I never use these)? And of course which update?

Solarion

Honorary Master
What was actually deleted? Everything on a drive, a single folder, was it a Windows User "Movies" folder (I never use these)? And of course which update?
1 single folder and yes it was in the windows user Movies folder. I had a sub folder called "Series and Movies" which was emptied out. The update was the latest one, I'll check after some coffee and chow.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Check the windows old folder as suggested.
NEVER keep stuff in the OS-specific movies or pictures folders. ALWAYS place them in your own folders.

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
Extra (1TB) Free hd space may indicate definite loss. Otherwise install void tool's 'everything' and run as administrator and type some file names to see if it picks it up somewhere. All this should take 1 minute.