Windows 11 requirements

marine1

Honorary Master
Hey guys, I want to download and install Win 11 from Win 10,
After doing the online check tool it sayd the following:
1655817890817.png

Is there no way around this?
Cant believe that this processors fails to meet the requirements.

Nuro

Expert Member
Yeah, I clean installed Win11 on a i5-4210U laptop I had lying around, it actually runs fine even on that "old" machine.

Ivan Leon

Executive Member
I am running Windows 11 Enterprise on a 'dinosaur' Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz PC with 4GB DDR3-1333 RAM & it performs adequately both as a Media PC for streaming content on YouTube, Netflix, Showmax, BritBox, when playing movies & TV series off my external HD's using Kodi, or music using Media Player, as well as a Home Office PC when using MS Office or browsing the web.

Ivan Leon

Executive Member
Do you guys think its a better OS than 10?
For what I use it for - see comment above - it hasn't made any difference performance wise between Windows 10 or Windows 11 - but I have had almost NO BSOD events using Windows 11, compared to Windows 10 which threw them up far more often... ;)

I have got used to the different Settings menu layout & the simplified Start Menu - less distracting clutter.

Affieplaas

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with 32GB of DDR4 3600 RAM and a RTX 2070S.

I also want to install Win 11 but I get the same non compatible message.
My windows 10 is a registered version but I want to do a clean install of Win 11. How do I go about transferring the licence? I can't find the old licence key anywhere.

Nod

Executive Member

My windows 10 is a registered version but I want to do a clean install of Win 11. How do I go about transferring the licence? I can't find the old licence key anywhere.
Have you enabled TPM in the BIOS?
I could upgrade on my 2600 Ryzen after enabling TPM.

The license is attached to your MS account.
Win11 "should" activate based on that when you login with your MS account.

_kabal_

Expert Member
Do you guys think its a better OS than 10?
Yes. The HDR/auto HDR on my PC “console” is better on windows 11 than it was on 10.

On my notebook, that I sometimes work on if out of home, it’s basically the identical experience, because apps work identically.

Dark Agent

Expert Member
Take a look at the support end dates for Windows 10 and Windows 11, I'd stay with Windows 10.

Windows 10 21H2 ends Jun 13, 2023.
Windows 11 21H2 ends Oct 10, 2023.

Windows 10 as operating system support ends Oct 14, 2025 and Windows 11 no date yet. When windows 11 have a date it be 5 years period from announcement.

Drifter

Honorary Master

The most direct method for finding your Windows 10 product key is from the command line. Type “cmd” into the Windows 10 desktop search box and then right-click the command line result and select “run as administrator” from the context menu. Type this command at the prompt:

wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

It will display:

a-find-win10-product-key.jpg

Registry File​

As you might imagine, the product key is stored in the Windows 10 Registry File, so it is possible to find the code there if you know the right key. Type “regedit” into the Windows 10 desktop search and select the appropriate item in the results. Navigate to this key:

ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionSoftwareProtectionPlatform

The BackupProductKeyDefault key will reveal a valid Windows 10 product key.

c-find-win10-product-key.jpg

eg2505

Honorary Master
sticking with win 10, win 11 just seems like another beta test for MS to make more money.
like Vista, 8, ME and all the other trash Microsoft releases.

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
The most direct method for finding your Windows 10 product key is from the command line. Type “cmd” into the Windows 10 desktop search box and then right-click the command line result and select “run as administrator” from the context menu. Type this command at the prompt:

wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

It will display:

a-find-win10-product-key.jpg

Registry File​

As you might imagine, the product key is stored in the Windows 10 Registry File, so it is possible to find the code there if you know the right key. Type “regedit” into the Windows 10 desktop search and select the appropriate item in the results. Navigate to this key:

ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionSoftwareProtectionPlatform

The BackupProductKeyDefault key will reveal a valid Windows 10 product key.

c-find-win10-product-key.jpg

That registry key doesn't actually display the correct activation key