Windows 11 Support Thread

icarusza

I like it so far. Feels very clean and refined. Windows 10 UX always felt incomplete.

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
So um, like why can't I download it ? I meet all the requirements, have done that Windows 11 check thingy but I get no option under updates or even any mention of it available for me to download, everyone else seems to be getting theirs :(

be patient ... not everyone is getting it in one go

tcofran

Expert Member

Good morning, the above refers

Step 1: Go to the Github page for this open-source Universal MediaCreationTool. You won’t need the tool itself, just the script that skips the TPM checking.
Step 2: Scroll down to “Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd”.
Step 3: Select and copy all the code for that file alone — nothing else.
Step 4: Open Notepad and paste the text into it before saving the file as disable-tpm-check.cmd onto your Desktop.

Exactly which portion should i copy from this website ??

GIthub

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
^ You don't really need to copy anything ... just download the zip file ... open and extract the "Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update" file and use that.

Hellhound105

Executive Member

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
So um, like why can't I download it ? I meet all the requirements, have done that Windows 11 check thingy but I get no option under updates or even any mention of it available for me to download, everyone else seems to be getting theirs :(
I cant download it either, mine says:

"your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you."

Im running I7 9th gen, with 32GB of ram and TPM module. 100% compatible. Guess I got to wait.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Is anyone else having issues with the Whatsapp UWP app on Windows 11 Enterprise Insider Edition? - I am currently still on OS Build 22000.194, due to outdated Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz & no TPM 2.0 hardware component incompatibility.

It was working fine all day yesterday - logged off & shut down last night - booted back up & logged in this morning - and now, when clicking on the taskbar icon for the Whatsapp UWP app, it does nothing at all...

1633515470255.png

UPDATE: 12h25 06/10/2021

Going to the Whatsapp website, downloading & installing the Windows 64-bit app seems to have now resolved the issue... :whistling:

Last edited:

prenash

Is anyone else having issues with the Whatsapp UWP app on Windows 11 Enterprise Insider Edition? - I am currently still on OS Build 22000.194, due to outdated Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz & no TPM 2.0 hardware component incompatibility.

It was working fine all day yesterday - logged off & shut down last night - booted back up & logged in this morning - and now, when clicking on the taskbar icon for the Whatsapp UWP app, it does nothing at all...

View attachment 1161142

Going to the Whatsapp website, downloading & installing the Windows 64-bit app seems to have now resolved the issue... :whistling:
not sure if its related .. but my WhappApp PC edition on my Win10 64Bit also didn't work yesterday (something about a missing DLL) .. after downloading and installing the latest 64bit version this morning, resolved my issue as well..

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member

View attachment 1161142

AFAIK everyone had to reinstall after the Facebook crash the other night

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
Upgrade via ISO (with TPM bypass script) Done ....

Have it setup like I prefer it now ...

Open Shell (for Classic start menu)
Small Taskbar (without icon misplacement)
ExplorerPatcher for:
- System tray icons
- Never combine taskbar icon
- Disable command bar and that crap double context menu feature

Desktop.jpg

Explorer.jpg

animehero

Expert Member
That sounds like a lot of work.
I'm just using defaults and see how far I get