Windows 7 and drivers

lord_spaceman

Expert Member
Hi there

Windows 7 64-bit (and 32-bit) installed perfectly without the need of drivers. I've yet to install any drivers for my system as everything got picked up, even my GFX card which can play all my games already :)

I have a nforce based and nvidia GFX card and would like to know if it's neccessary to install the drivers from the nvidia site anyway?

What's your thoughts....

milomak

Honorary Master
in the device manager, are your drivers microsoft or nvidia drivers?

if they are microsoft, then you are not optimising your video card. device manager allows the option to update. i personally prefer to manually install my video card drivers in windows.

lord_spaceman

Expert Member
Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 2009/05/14
Driver Version: 8.15.11.8593

That's what Windows 7 64-bit installs by default for the display adapter

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Lord Byte

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 2009/05/14
Driver Version: 8.15.11.8593

That's what Windows 7 64-bit installs by default for the display adapter

YUP -- the driver support in 7 is VERY good -- about the only thing. ;)

MW

McGuywer

Executive Member
That is good news...
Except the bloody installation... Windows Setup will ask for a driver cd/dvd, if the setup media is corrupted...

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
nVidia and MS Windows 7 have an arrangement for their drivers, your graphics driver will be updated via MS update from now on (if you chose) else you can still download them from nVidia directly.

killadoob

Honorary Master
I installed all my vista drivers rather. Don't trust microsoft drivers :D

MogenNaidoo

Well everything installed fine for me too...however I can't seem to USB stream from my video camera due to lack of x64 drivers. But that's part of Sony problem.

unsecluded

Yes, the OS drivers are fine.

I downloaded drivers anyway becuase it was a later release than the Win7 install :)

PS. Download it off your local cap if thats the issue :)

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
There are a couple of things that aren't gonna work for me. I have the fingerprint reader keyboard, MS not gonna support it in Win7 :( (have not tried a vista driver for it yet). Also I know I'm gonna lose my Casio keyboard for fruityloops :( :( getting that to work in vista was hard enough!!! I hate to think of the hassle to get it going on a 64bit os plus Win7 (didnt work on vista 64).... Still got to see about my Formula Force GP steering wheel, sure logitech will have something - havn't looked yet...

unsecluded

There have been some peripherals i've used Vista drivers for on win7 and they seem to be working fine. Give the vista drivers a go.