Windows 7 surpasses Vista

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Um, Windows 7 has ALWAYS surpassed Vista! :D

Vista was a dead duck which drowned in an oil spill then ended up on the highway flattened by several trucks then dried out in the sun.

Vista was as useful as a swift kick in the head with a steel toed boot.

Grouter

Executive Member
Um, Windows 7 has ALWAYS surpassed Vista! :D

Vista was a dead duck which drowned in an oil spill then ended up on the highway flattened by several trucks then dried out in the sun.

Vista was as useful as a swift kick in the head with a steel toed boot.

lol. Oh, I don't know, it wasn't that bad! On good hardware, tweaked and stripped of it's junk I actually preferred it to XP for the 2 or so years I had to wait for 7.

Still helluvaglad 7 came out when it did though :)

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
lol. Oh, I don't know, it wasn't that bad! On good hardware, tweaked and stripped of it's junk I actually preferred it to XP for the 2 or so years I had to wait for 7.

Still helluvaglad 7 came out when it did though :)

haha... I know... but everybody loves ripping on Vista! It was one of our favourite kicking blocks at the time! :p

Ry4n

Yeah Vista was a basket case like Windows Millennium

Kaine

Expert Member
I loved vista, and I was running it on a p4 3gig with 2gigs of ddr1 ram. never had a problem that I dont still have with windows 7. if you knew what you were doing, you should have been fine :p

Wyzak

Expert Member
Windows 7 is vista with 2 years more development time. That's what you get when you insist on a product which isn't ready to be launched yet.

Grouter

Executive Member
Windows 7 is vista with 2 years more development time. That's what you get when you insist on a product which isn't ready to be launched yet.

Yep. And the proof is in the version number - 6.1

bantu

I loved vista, and I was running it on a p4 3gig with 2gigs of ddr1 ram. never had a problem that I dont still have with windows 7. if you knew what you were doing, you should have been fine :p

I support you 100%, been using Vista Ultimate on P4 3Ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB, since 2007, I never had any problem with Vista and I've looked at Win 7, it's just similar to Vista.

bantu

I support you 100%, been using Vista Ultimate on P4 3Ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB, since 2007, I never had any problem with Vista and I've looked at Win 7, it's just similar to Vista.

Valis

Expert Member

+1 from me as well. I think the biggest complaints about Vista came from people who didn't know how to switch off UAC. Also a lot of people tried running it on old h/w, which was a mistake.

Valerion

Expert Member
+1 from me as well. I think the biggest complaints about Vista came from people who didn't know how to switch off UAC. Also a lot of people tried running it on old h/w, which was a mistake.

However, UAC was one of the benefits of Vista. Turning it off just takes you back to XP and the resulting virus problems. And regarding old hardware, the blame for that is squarely on MS. They reduced the minimum specs to make the hardware crowd happy.

Having used both, there is a HUGE difference between Win7 and Vista. And no, I am NOT going back any time soon. This is what they should have released back then. Libraries, better UAC, etc, making things easier to use.

tiandup

Vista was teh **** :D It was like an old house - you knew you had to kick the door in a certain way to open it. I ran it on this shtty Core 2 Duo 1.86ghz and Win7 atm. Never had any problems