Windows 7 - THIS IS RIDICULOUS! (Review)

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
OK after all said and done: Now...What is the system specs needed to run Windows &...???:confused:

Apparently slightly lower than Vista, which isn't bad seeing as it has some improvements. Should be pretty similar though anyway. I don't think they've put out anything official yet.

Tux

Software Communist
You can see thats a linux fanboi who wrote that article :p, 4-8gigs to get vista to run bwhahahaha :p

A linux fanboi wouldn't be caught dead with a vista box. We're smart enough not to touch it. We dabble in XP if we really have to sink to your level :D

killadoob

Honorary Master
I would hate someone to work on vista when they can't even get the name right, like a virgin having sex for the first time, not pretty :p

charlie_82

Expert Member
Well when I get my new system in February (+-R12K) what do you guys think I should run Vista Ultimate x64 (have) or get the beta of Windows 7?

Vista Ultimate x64
I wouldn't run a beta as my sole OS. And generally with Windows OS's, you should wait a few months b4 using it a sole OS

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
I have no problem with the beta versions, as I get to struggle and learn a bit that way. Anyone know if there will be a 32bit and 64bit Windows 7 as well?

<moLe>

Expert Member
Compete with Linux Kernel? Which one of the 30004400032882 distributions? :p

the distribution have nothing to do with the kernel u dip sh#t..there is one official Linux kernel(being updated quite frequently) with different shell's built on top of that.And the [my opinion]windows cant compete with the Linux kernel.. windows just dont have the same amount of people to work on their kernel as does Linux[/opinion].

And I do believe that windows 7 can only be better than vista (cant get any worse now can it??). And if they deliver on there promises then it might just prove to be better than the ancient XP.I've got a beta version of it that i still want to install on a machine to test.

Last edited:

d0b33

Honorary Master
A linux fanboi wouldn't be caught dead with a vista box. We're smart enough not to touch it. We dabble in XP if we really have to sink to your level :D

*coughs*
I'm a linux fanboi and have been caught using Vista to game, I'm not ashamed.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
*stands up*

Hi, My name is "insert name here" and I am addicted to Vista.

*crowd*

Hi "insert name here"

:D

Claymore

Executive Member
the distribution have nothing to do with the kernel u dip sh#t..there is one official Linux kernel(being updated quite frequently) with different shell's built on top of that.And the [my opinion]windows cant compete with the Linux kernel.. windows just dont have the same amount of people to work on their kernel as does Linux[/opinion].

Hmmm. I've read articles talking about the tiny number of developers that actually contribute to the Linux kernel and to other core parts of Linux.

|tera|

Master of Messengers

And I do believe that windows 7 can only be better than vista (cant get any worse now can it??). And if they deliver on there promises then it might just prove to be better than the ancient XP.I've got a beta version of it that i still want to install on a machine to test.

Dip ****? Thanks you mole, moley, moley moley moley, mooooolleeeeee, moooooollllleeeeeeeeeeeeee. :sick:

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Hmmm. I've read articles talking about the tiny number of developers that actually contribute to the Linux kernel and to other core parts of Linux.

Don't tell that to them, they might just figure out what a kernel actually is, shhhh...... :p

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Ok then, I take that as being from your personal experience....

I take you have nothing better to do with yourself than to troll my posts, it's getting tired and old, grow a pair.
Today the Linux kernel has received contributions from thousands of programmers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_kernel_names

So every Linux distribution uses the exact same Kernel Revision? Is it a global synchronizing event? Sort of like the Olympics?

F

Fudzy

I'm hoping that Windows 7 is to Vista what Windows XP was to Windows ME. When does it go public?