Windows 7 users – What you need to know

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Windows 7 users – What you need to know

For those using Windows 7, you will need to upgrade to Windows 10 by 14 January 2020 to avoid losing support for your operating system.

After this date, extended support for Windows 7 will be finished and users will no longer receive security updates, hotfixes, or new features.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Still using Win XP on old laptop. No need for support except for encryption/certificates update from PoS version (which Microsoft deliberately failed to deliver on the mainstream release). No security breaches, ever.

Installed Win7 on some other computer, received a stranger before managed to download and install patches.

JimM

Expert Member
If Windows 10 could only work as Windows 7 and not do massive updates that simply break things. I also have a Windows XP notebook that runs things that Windows 7 killed.

I see Windows 7 as the Windows 10 uprgade!

Windows XP given some security updates (i.e. fix what was not right when you sold it) is still a viable system.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Dropping support for Win 7 so soon??? So what's going to happen to all of us still using Win 95 :laugh::p

The Voice

Executive Member
Dropping support for Win 7 so soon??? So what's going to happen to all of us still using Win 95 :p
Pfft. DOSboi here.

I guess I'm one of a handful who adapted to 10 and just got on with it. It does what I need it to, and thankfully haven't had any of the issues a number of others have had.

gamer16

Executive Member
Hmm meh, we'll be fine on Win 7. With the way win 10 is going community support for older and other operating systems after Microsoft stops support for them is almost a certainty, ie we will take care of ourselves.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Pfft. DOSboi here.

I guess I'm one of a handful who adapted to 10 and just got on with it. It does what I need it to, and thankfully haven't had any of the issues a number of others have had.
Yup. I started out on DOS. It was revolutionary at the time.