Windows 8 launch pricing for South Africa emerges

Penquin

Expert Member
Wonder how much for Windows 8 Pro standalone?

AFAIK, there won't be a standalone. You can use the upgrade version to do a format and fresh install as well. Only diff is $40 for digital version or $70 for physical media.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
I have a version of Windows 8 running! Not that great! The GUI needs more refinement!

Joker

Expert Member
AFAIK, there won't be a standalone. You can use the upgrade version to do a format and fresh install as well. Only diff is for digital version or for physical media.

Sure? because then I read things like this:

Groupon South Africa announced that it will offer the long-awaited Windows 8 Pro Microsoft software to consumers on 25 October at up to 70% off the recommended retail price of R2,000.

A little confusing..

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
I'm happy with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium on my desktop pc.

Maybe when I get a new laptop, and it comes preinstalled with Windows 8, I might give it another try.

If Win8 Pro gives me XP-Mode (Virtualized instance) then I will upgrade else I'm staying to Home Premium. I anyway use my Fedora partition 95% of the time.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Interesting that Groupon has now stopped the offer as they are "sold out". Load of BS as they listed this offer as not having a volume restriction.

killadoob

Honorary Master
Interesting that Groupon has now stopped the offer as they are "sold out". Load of BS as they listed this offer as not having a volume restriction.

Dude do you know anything about groupon? If you did you would know to avoid them